Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Is The Orange Light On The Dashboard
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
bayliner123
Hi Guys

Bought a wonderful Ford Mondeo Zetec Y Reg - but in very good mechanical condition

As I was driving the light above the fuel gauge turned on - it is the image of an engine in orange

Can anyone tell me what that means as I do not have a owners manual

Thank you
MrGrumpy
Its the Engine Management light, if you have a Code reader get it plugged in to see what it is
Peejay1977
[img]http://www.yorkshiremobilemechanics.co.uk/resources/check-engine-light.jpg[/img]

That light? Can mean anything from "please service me" to a warning with the engine/engine management. I had it come on once on my old C-Max in torrential flooding, went off the following day and never came back so I assumed a sensor had got drenched.
zule935

[member='mike f'] ihavea2001 zetec with the same problem,have been told it's the oxygen sensor,is it safe to run the car for a while before getting it changed?

stooge75

how longs a piece of string? all depends what is causing the fault. get it read with a obd code reader

zule935

Thanks very much,i have had that done and it is the oxygen sensor getting it fixed next week.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615