Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Cd6000
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
talksy
Hi, my 2009 Ford Focus has a CD6000 head unit which looks like this:
[img]http://www.mp3avto.si/wp-content/uploads/sony2.jpg[/img]

If I was to purchase one of the better head units from ebay (the one with Satnav), would I just simply remove the old one and put the new one in, plus enter in the radio code? Or would I need to program the new one in? Would the ford bluetooth that I currently have running on the car still work? I am coming from using a Vauxhall where head units had to be married and programmed into the hid in the dash.

Any advice would be really good. Not sure if I am definately wanting to, just getting ideas :)
021C
An upgrade should be a simple case of plug and play assuming that you [b]A.[/b] go for a a unit out of the same model car i.e. focus to focus and [b]B.[/b] you have the appropriate aerial for the upgrade you intend to do. In the case of the Sat Nav unit you'll need the GPS atennna (which I think is built into the aerial base and mast) This may also require a new loom from the aerial to the head unit. Alternatively an alternative GPS antenna could be placed in an alternative location - inside dash for example.

I changed my Sony single CD for a DAB version - this was a simple swap (as I bought a version from a similar age focus) I did, however have to purchase a new aerial mast, base and 2 part loom to accommodate the DAB connection. [b]Cost £85[/b]

Bluetooth should be fine as the information is held in the module.

As said previously, the key to changing the radio is getting a model from the same or similar age model to reduce the chances of incompatibility.

Others have done the upgrade from the 6000 + fitted bluetooth so should be able to comment further.

Stu

Full Colour Version: Ford Cd6000
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615