Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Error Code P2288, Rough Running On Start Up & White Smoke
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
SHJONES
Hi All,

I'm new here and though i would post a question to see if someone can give me an answer.

My car has been running rough for a while now and getting worse, it only seems to be the case on start up, it sounds very clattery and sometime struggles to turn over, I also get a cloud of white smoke coming out of the exhaust.

So i got a cable for my laptop with formidable (i think thats what its called), and checked for error codeds on start up, I got P2288 something about the fuel pressure is to high.

Any suggestions on what I can do to fix it or what might cause this issue?

I would like to try re - codeing my existing injectors, can anyone please give me a step by step guide on how to do this with Formidable?
Do i just make a note of the codes against each injector and re-enterthem in the same sequence following the instructions in the software ?

I know its advisable to get new ones, but I cant afford them for a few months :-(.
ppeter7
have you checked hoses 4 splits?
Stoney871
p2288 - injector control pressure too high
SHJONES
Any thoughts on what the solution might be? I'm going to take it to the garage I think, but i would assume they will say an injector needs replacing £200 please.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615