Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Indicator Not Working
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
james132
Was driving the car this morning when one of the indicators stopped working (Fast flashing on the dash)
So got home and checked which it was. It was the rear, luckly I had a brand new one sitting in the garage so put that in, still no luck.. So decided to take the working bulb from the other side to try it.. Still nothing.

Any ideas what the problem could be? The plug on the back of the bulb holder is in good condition, no corrosion etc..

Any ideas would be appreciated?
jeebowhite
sounds like a shortout on the bulb holder.... might be worth triggering the indicator then doing a check with a multimeter?
johnH
fuse?
jeebowhite
John, would the fuse not blow all of it as opposed to just one bulb? or are there some inline fuses between the fuseboard and the bulb?
GSM
I would imagine (and hope
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1346941432' post='205206']
John, would the fuse not blow all of it as opposed to just one bulb? or are there some inline fuses between the fuseboard and the bulb?
[/quote]

I would imagine (and hope) that each bulb as its own fuse, otherwise you could unwittingly find yourself with NO indicators due to one failure. Seems needlessly dangerous to me.

Not sure what the actual case is, but I'd hope every bulb was self-contained for blowouts.
james132
Not sure what it is now... Possibly a bad earth?

First thing thismorning it worked properly once, then tried again liturally 10 seconds later, and its stopped again. Its going in fords tuesday for cambelt, so will ask them to have a quick look, im having a visual safety inspection done too. Luckly I dont need to use the car at all till then now.
didcro
I have this problem happening with one of my front indicators. The bulb and fuse is fine. I just have to pop the bonnet unscrew the headlight unit twist to take out the indicator bulb and twist it back in place and it is sorted. Don't know why it does it or why it is only one side.
artscot79
theres a metal strip the bulb sits against usualy bending it towards you so the bulb fully makes contact works

Full Colour Version: Indicator Not Working
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.