Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sony Cd Generation 1 Station Identities
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
StanH
I may be wrong but I feel sure that radio stations were identified by name, but recently all I get is P1 P2 etc.
There is nothing in the audio handbook about this so am I wrong or can anyone tell me how to get them back

Stan
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Try a re-scan of radio stations, you will only get the station identified with a name if the signal is strong enough.[/font][/size][/color]
Stoney871
Check your RDS settings.
johnH
ive seen this before on other radios...something to do with PTY being active.
StanH
Totally frustrated with this - on my trips to Norfolk I used to see Radio Essex, Radio Suffolk, Radio Norfolk etc, now all I get is P1 P2 etc.
Have tried every button and menu I could find but nothing restores the identification.
Plenty of signal strength.
Cannot find any way to access RDS settings and a scan of PTY stations results in "None"
johnH
i would say make sure you have the radio code before attempting...but basically pull the radio out and pull the harness off. leave for 5 - 10 mins and plug it back in. this will reset to factory.
NorthSussex
[quote name='johnH' timestamp='1346759943' post='204862']
i would say make sure you have the radio code before attempting...but basically pull the radio out and pull the harness off. leave for 5 - 10 mins and plug it back in. this will reset to factory.
[/quote]

[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Yep, I'd go for that, but disconnecting the battery will have the same effect and may be easier if you haven't got a radio removal tool.[/font][/size][/color]
StanH
I have the code so will probably try that. Am I right in thinking that it is only the audio unit that will be affected if I disconnect?
johnH
if you go just to disconnecting the radio then yeah its just that, that is affected.

if you choose battery removal, i would leave a window down and door open so you can get back in just incase something happens with the key codes.
StanH
That did it - at last got around to disconnecting the battery, left for 10 mins (not sure why but that was recommended), reconnected, entered code and station identities are back
Thanks
Stan
NorthSussex
[quote name='StanH' timestamp='1347027343' post='205346']
That did it - at last got around to disconnecting the battery, left for 10 mins (not sure why but that was recommended), reconnected, entered code and station identities are back
Thanks
Stan
[/quote]

[color=#0000FF][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]It works with a lot of consumer electronics, [/font][/size][/color][color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]when the computer when it plays up [/font][/size][/color][color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]it's always recommended to turn off, leave for a while and then reboot .[/font][/size][/color]
johnH
glad to hear it worked.

northsussex - even a techie boot into the computer works (size 9-10 are the perfect size) lol
NorthSussex
[quote name='johnH' timestamp='1347055320' post='205410']
glad to hear it worked.

northsussex - even a techie boot into the computer works (size 9-10 are the perfect size) lol
[/quote]

[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Semtex is a good alternative. :) [/font][/size][/color]
Stoney871
[quote name='NorthSussex' timestamp='1347090685' post='205433']
[color=#0000FF][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Semtex is a good alternative. :) [/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]

Nah, 5 twists of linear cutting cord will solve it nicely. ;)
NorthSussex
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1347102833' post='205455']
Nah, 5 twists of linear cutting cord will solve it nicely. ;)
[/quote]
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]A bit clinical, I prefer complete vaporisation, it should be an option for the judiciary, no more re-offending. :rolleyes: [/font][/size][/color]
Stoney871
A loop of det cord around the accused's neck.
One red button and one green one for each juror.
Majority vote equals running man style hair cut. ;)
NorthSussex
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1347114075' post='205470']
A loop of det cord around the accused's neck.
One red button and one green one for each juror.
Majority vote equals running man style hair cut. ;)
[/quote]

:P
Stoney871
"deadline activated''
:P

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.