Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coolant Leaking
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford S-Max Club
thomas56
Hi have noticed coolant level dropping in car for a few day. Traced leak to the thermostat but even after replacing thermostat and seal is still dripping around the area . Wondering has anybody else had a problem with a leak around this area and could it be the housing itself is at fault?
stef123
have you replaced the seal?

could be the housing is warped and needs replacing
btmaldon
If its a plastic housing, its the most likely cause of the leak. I thought the stat would have been part of the housing like most of the other Fords.
stef123
[quote name='btmaldon' timestamp='1346959904' post='205269']
If its a plastic housing, its the most likely cause of the leak. I thought the stat would have been part of the housing like most of the other Fords.
[/quote]

the few that i have done on focus' and my mondeo the stat has been available separately but i have always just replaced the complete housing. possibly saves any more hassle in the future
thomas56
Thanks for the reply.Rang parts today €129 plus vat for the housing parts, expensive for a plastic housing?
stef123
[quote name='thomas56' timestamp='1347028360' post='205349']
Thanks for the reply.Rang parts today ¤129 plus vat for the housing parts, expensive for a plastic housing?
[/quote]

Try ford parts uk - google that and you can get them to quote you (usually a bit cheaper than the dealer)

Full Colour Version: Coolant Leaking
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.