Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rubbish Aerial Reception Mk2 Ford Focus
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
robertmoore37
Hi there,

I have rubbish radio reception on my Mk2 Focus. I've replaced the aerial and the aerial base and still not much change. I know the radio reception is fine in the area that I'm in, my girlfriend has an old mk1 Focus and thats perfectly fine. I don't know what else to try!

Anyone got any ideas? Its a Ford 6000CD radio.
Stoney871
It may be worth checking the wire from the base to the radio socket for continuity.
Is the cable plugged firmly into the radio?
ChrisH
TBH, i have always though these standard radios are a bit poor with reception. I upgraded mine to the more oval version, and its still the same. When i get time will probably upgrade to one of the sony units, or do a single DIN conversion and put a standard stereo in.
Lenny
[quote name='ChrisH' timestamp='1347211740' post='205732']
TBH, i have always though these standard radios are a bit poor with reception. I upgraded mine to the more oval version, and its still the same. When i get time will probably upgrade to one of the sony units, or do a single DIN conversion and put a standard stereo in.
[/quote]
save your money mate,
ive got the oval sony fitted and reception can be poor at times but cd's sound better on the sony compared to the 6000cd
my next thought on this is to unscrew the aerial and clean the threads on the joint between the base and the aerial
it may increase contact and boost reception. their are also 12v signal reception amplifiers on ebay that fit behind the stereo and filter the aerial may be worth a try and bound to help things.
ajt

I have posted this before, but the problem is usually with poor earth to aerial base. It relies on a serrated washer to cut into the paint and make contact with the body, but the washer usually just flattens. I had same problem, and just took the earth from the center light cluster. Problem solved.

I could only get local radio and Radio 1, 2 when in open country. Did fix I mentioned and now I get local radio even when 15 miles outside of town, along with a shed load of others.

[url="http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/31803-radio-aerial-help/#entry181167"]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/31803-radio-aerial-help/#entry181167[/url]

artscot79
i replaced the base on mine cant say i have any issues just when im in a poor reception area
Stoney871
Running non standard aerials usually results in terrible signal or corrosion on the aerial screw thread.
Lenny
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1347222048' post='205784']
Running non standard aerials usually results in terrible signal or corrosion on the aerial screw thread.
[/quote]
is that why you guys have 3 or 4 on the roof ;) :lol:
Stoney871
Gotta listen to something on long patrols.
:D
NorthSussex
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1347223557' post='205787']
Gotta listen to something on long patrols.
:D
[/quote]
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]The best aerials are the directional ones that cannot be seen, the entertainment is more interesting.[/font][/size][/color] ;)
DougF

Hi there,

I have rubbish radio reception on my Mk2 Focus. I've replaced the aerial and the aerial base and still not much change. I know the radio reception is fine in the area that I'm in, my girlfriend has an old mk1 Focus and thats perfectly fine. I don't know what else to try!

Anyone got any ideas? Its a Ford 6000CD radio.

Did you ever get this fixed? What was the problem?

ARRIVAMAN

Any ideas folks getting great reception on FM crap on AM . 6000cd 57 plate

bry0586

my reception is sometimes naff, more so when ive got my usb charger plugged in, i know this is the cause but could anyone tell me why?

kpg

Any ideas folks getting great reception on FM crap on AM . 6000cd 57 plate

Hi mate, my MW is useless as well, has interference/static on every station. I try to listen to 5 Live and TalkSport, both MW, and can hardly hear a thing through all the static.
Stoney871
There is so much interference from cell towers, wi-fi, 3g, 4g etc I'm surprised you get mw or am at all.
ARRIVAMAN

Hi mate, my MW is useless as well, has interference/static on every station. I try to listen to 5 Live and TalkSport, both MW, and can hardly hear a thing through all the static.

I have found if I switch off the engine the reception on AM is as good as ( my FM while I'm driving ) just wondering if it's a suppression fault or is that a memory from my past  ?

kpg

I have found if I switch off the engine the reception on AM is as good as ( my FM while I'm driving ) just wondering if it's a suppression fault or is that a memory from my past  ?

There may be some truth to that as the static sometimes gets worse/louder as I accelerate?
ARRIVAMAN

After having a read through my owners manual ( only had it 4yrs ) regarding radio reception can any body tell me in basic English what is ADFA ( Advanced Digital Filter Adjustment ) and how do I check to see if mine is switched on , just a thought in case this might have something to do with my AM poor reception quality when the engine is running . Just replaced my aerial but only a small improvement , 

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.