Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your Views Please
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
tazzman600
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=4]Hi all. I'm new to this forum/club. I recently part ex'd an MG ZT Diesel, which I had for six years, for a 58 plate mk4 Mondeo 2.0lt diesel 140bhp model.[/size][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=4]This is only the second diesel car I've owned so my experience is soley with the MG.[/size][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=4]What I'd like from you is your experiences with MAF sensors, EGR valves ( what kind does my car have as I've read somwhere on here it may be electricly operated! ) and PCV vlaves on your similar spec mondeos.[/size][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=4]I know MAF's are a common bind with diesels but what make is the original part? Has any body fitted an EGR bypass and does the engine in my mondeo have a PCV valve ( if so where is it located? )[/size][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=4]I've only had my car short of a week and think it's a great car, much better that the ZT I had but with that car I learned about MAF's and EGR's and PCV's and am wondering just what are the similarities between the two models.[/size][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=4]Looking forward to any replies. Thanks in advance. [/size][/font]
tazzman600
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=3]<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< again, wondering why no replies :unsure: [/size][/font]
FOCA
The mk4 diesels have an electronic EGR system which is fairly well integrated into the engine - phisically and electronically, as well as phisically removing it, tt would have to be electronically "deleted" as well - as far as i am aware no-one makes a bypass kit for this

it is possible to simply disconnect one of the electrical connections to the EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve, this will disable the EGR valve/ prevent it opening, one owner has reported better low down torque, pick up and economy like this, but the EML (engine management light) came on - he preferred the light coming on to the loss of torque with the EGR/ connector connected (these engines can be a bit "gutless" at really low revs)

Some tuners/ remappers offer a remap, and electronic and phisical DPF (diesel particulate filter) delete/ removal along with the cat (catalytic converter) the DPF can go into a "regen" mode frequently

Im not sure about the PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve, the mk3 diesels did not have one, only a breather on the top of the engine (head)

Full Colour Version: Your Views Please
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615