Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine cuts out
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
manbearpig1987
Hi all

I have an R reg fiesta, owned it for about 2 years. I got it through an MOT fairly easily last November and have had all sorts of mechanical problems since :angry: . The latest and most worrying is the engine cuts out when I come to a stop. it has been doing it for about a week now but periodically, but when I drove to town this morning it was doing it every time I had to stop (v embarasing!). The confusing thing is it is ticking over fine if you just leave it running.

Just wondered if anyone has had a similar problem before or would know where to start in fixing it?

Thanks a lot!
SierraYankee99
Idle control valve?
zetec521
How about trying to stay in "neutral" when you stop at junctions. I have this problem before (cutting out)..but I soon discovered that the longer I put my foot on the clutch pedal(first gear) while waiting for the green light, the [b]more frequent[/b] I cut out at intersections! So just give it a try if it make some difference. I don't know though how it somehow elliminate my problem. Make a report here after you tried it. Just be fast on the gears...or the one behind you will make some nasty honking :-)

Full Colour Version: Engine cuts out
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.