Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recent Mods
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Modifications and Projects > Ford Project and Build Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
moy24
Hi i just put new sunstrip on and i brought some headlight brows but once again they did't fit as it did't line up so i will return them so i got some guy i no to do put good quality gloss black wrap on the headlight it's was put on so it looks more arrgesive looks better in the flesh.look at the pic let me no what u think.
Brigante
The brows do make it look more aggressive I suppose mate.

How'd the fitting of the sun strip go? I'm getting one soon.
Preee
Looks good Moy , did they send you the mk2.5 brows?
moy24
[quote name='Brigante' timestamp='1347742002' post='206746']
The brows do make it look more aggressive I suppose mate.

How'd the fitting of the sun strip go? I'm getting one soon.
[/quote]

the sunstrip was quick easy job mate help to so was quicker, i thought il do something different with the lights it look beter in the flesh and when i get the car lowered and put a front splitter on it will look better. i payed £150 for my bumper of ebay i was lucky as it was already black.i ilke ur wind deflectors i might get a set but just for the front
moy24
[quote name='Preee' timestamp='1347742813' post='206751']
Looks good Moy , did they send you the mk2.5 brows?
[/quote]

thanks mate no it was meant to be for my model but as with alot of mods it needs trimming on the sides to fit i just cant be bothered messing about with it so the seller said he will refund my money as it was via ebay.i think it was just bad luck for me as acording to the seller he has not recived any other complaints
Preee
Agreed , last thing you want to be doing is buying something and have to cut it to fit
moy24
Im gona get the car lowerd when i have spare cash and it should look much better when lowered.
moy24
i'm thinking of geting some drl light but not sure where is best place to put them i dont no if i should get a strip of led and put on the bottom of the headlight lense and connect the wire to the side light or similar.if any1 got any ideas feel free to let me no thnkx
.Ryan
Like the heating controls!
Marcr1
Liking the mods a lot! Looks good :D
moy24
[quote name='Rh1no' timestamp='1347796515' post='206829']
Like the heating controls!
[/quote]
[quote name='Marcr1' timestamp='1347797114' post='206833']
Liking the mods a lot! Looks good :D
[/quote]

thanks mate i still want to do couple of thing when i can afoord it, whats springs are good for my car i no eibach but what about cheaper brand like PRO SPORT, PI, APEX and also what u all think of 18" st style alloys but the one with the polished face or any recomendation welcom
moy24
what can i do to make my car abit more quicker and whats better a induction kit or k&n panel filter by the way my car is a 2.0 petrol
moy24
aint there any one with thoughts about the lowering spring i mentioned and makeing da car faster
Stoney871
Have a look here for inspiration.

[url="http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/"]http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/[/url]
artscot79
ide stick with the eibach cheaper springs are what you get cheap ive known a few of the cheap brands to snap within a year ford do an eibach kit for around 120 ebay have them also as for the intake its a fact on the focus youll loose power fitting an induction kit a panel filter with a hole drilled in the bottom of the airbox with a cold air hose fitted to it and the other end mounted on the rear of the lower grills the best bet
moy24
what you think of the fk ak coilovers
artscot79
from what ive read they last about 2 years and they have a tendancy to round off the allen key slots on the top mounts in fairness youde be better with eibach springs ford sell and recommend them as a suspension upgrade they dont rate or recommend any coilovers also think about where you live speed humps etc ive pxxsed myself so many times laughing at slammed cars picking up bits of exhaust and bumpers from the road as i zoom past
moy24
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1347988414' post='207246']
from what ive read they last about 2 years and they have a tendancy to round off the allen key slots on the top mounts in fairness youde be better with eibach springs ford sell and recommend them as a suspension upgrade they dont rate or recommend any coilovers also think about where you live speed humps etc ive pxxsed myself so many times laughing at slammed cars picking up bits of exhaust and bumpers from the road as i zoom past
[/quote]

thanks for your advice i think i will go for the eibach springs i think there 30mm drop my focus is a 2.0 titanium petrol 2006 model and it just lookslike its sitting high. If i put a k&n panel filter with a drilled hole in the airbox will it sound btter too i also have a cat back sytrem so it should drive abit better i think
artscot79
it will be a bit better the 30mm drop is noticeable and should help the k and n is fine its just a fact industion kits dont gain power on these cars lets be honest if ford could save 20 million on research by fitting induction kits they would have done it already on another note stoney me old mucker check youre led indicators thats a replacement being sent already as the plastic lens is coming away on one side
moy24
I will be buying a panel filter when i get payed end of the month i will do a search on which brand of panel filter to get. One more question what alloys do you think will better on my focus the alloys are 18" and remember car will be droped too. First option are st style polished face.

The next is this set there also polished
Stoney871
My indicators are rock solid at the moment.
Will keep an eye on them. Cheers.
artscot79
multispokes the st are so common as for the filters i only use k and n pipercross ive never liked to me side by side the k and n is better quality theyre world renowned and actualy made and tested for the cars

no issue with the company replacement indicator being sent no questions asked just an apology
Paddy H
Love the brows. Look very nice.
moy24
[quote name='Paddy H' timestamp='1348058666' post='207350']
Love the brows. Look very nice.
[/quote]

thanks mate what set of alloys you think will look beter on my car the st polished one or multispoke
moy24
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1348033084' post='207314']
multispokes the st are so common as for the filters i only use k and n pipercross ive never liked to me side by side the k and n is better quality theyre world renowned and actualy made and tested for the cars

no issue with the company replacement indicator being sent no questions asked just an apology
[/quote]

what you think of the green filter as lenny recomend it to me
artscot79
green are a good make though ive never used them always k and n
moy24
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1348075720' post='207381']
green are a good make though ive never used them always k and n
[/quote]

il do some reserch on them and see what happens im after a panel filter instead of induction kit il drill the airbox too
moy24
im thinking of painting my grill and foglight surround gloss black as there grey at the moment and looks abit dull as i think it might look better in gloss black ast its a st replica what you all think and anyone got any pic of the grill painted gloss black so i can see how it might look
Lenny
[quote name='moy24' timestamp='1348159259' post='207498']
im thinking of painting my grill and foglight surround gloss black as there grey at the moment and looks abit dull as i think it might look better in gloss black ast its a st replica what you all think and anyone got any pic of the grill painted gloss black so i can see how it might look
[/quote]
i think they would look good in gloss black mate and perhaps a tripleRcomposites front splitter to match as they come supplied in gloss black. i
also plan to do this mod before november.
moy24
[quote name='Lenny' timestamp='1348164906' post='207517']
i think they would look good in gloss black mate and perhaps a tripleRcomposites front splitter to match as they come supplied in gloss black. i
also plan to do this mod before november.
[/quote]

i will get a splitter from ebay i found i thin the comapny called rspart its gloss black an also was thinking of geting a rear st diffuser as my cars is a st replica which is also gloss black also from ebay but i will only do the mods when i can and afford it.
moy24
I need more advice on which alloys will look good on my focus, if anyone got any advice and pic of set of 18" that look good il be gratefull. I was looking at the st style polished alloys and the rs style polished alloys, what alloys you all got on ur focus upload some pic.
Lenny
[quote name='moy24' timestamp='1348415914' post='207939']
I need more advice on which alloys will look good on my focus, if anyone got any advice and pic of set of 18" that look good il be gratefull. I was looking at the st style polished alloys and the rs style polished alloys, what alloys you all got on ur focus upload some pic.
[/quote]
Mate,
About those polished alloys, I know of a focus owner on another site who purchased a set of the snow flake ones and had them fitted for 6 months over the winter months, I'll get some pics for you, the results of road salt and freezing conditions blisterd the chrome coating resulting in them looking like a broken mirror.
I'll search for the thread on another forum now and bring the pics to here for you to see.
artscot79
polished alloys are useless in the uk fine in america where its warm and no salt but the salt on road crap will tear those alloys to bits
moy24
[quote name='Lenny' timestamp='1348481868' post='208031']
Mate,
About those polished alloys, I know of a focus owner on another site who purchased a set of the snow flake ones and had them fitted for 6 months over the winter months, I'll get some pics for you, the results of road salt and freezing conditions blisterd the chrome coating resulting in them looking like a broken mirror.
I'll search for the thread on another forum now and bring the pics to here for you to see.
[/quote]
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1348482593' post='208035']
polished alloys are useless in the uk fine in america where its warm and no salt but the salt on road crap will tear those alloys to bits
[/quote]

thanks for your advice mate lenny can you get those pic for me please im still looking around till i find a set i like its abit hard as you dont no how it will look till its on the car il get fed up and put 15" steelies on and lower the car lol
moy24
Thought i upload pic of my focus and my mates silver 18tdci they are both dirty and need a clean.
moy24
My mate was thing of getting some viper style stripes on his silver focus what you all think will it look ok as he want the grey stripes i dont think it look good grey stripes on silver car but what u think
Stoney871
Black on silver looks better.
moy24
Been trying to tell him what i think but cant get throught to him he is fixed at getting silver he will get them in 1 week time when he gets payed il upload some pic when he gets it done.
artscot79
25 percent insurance hike for viper stripes just make sure he informs the insurance
moy24
mate said he spoke to his insurance comapny and it goes up by 5% only. I no there a company out there where you can buy the ford overlay but custom ones which you can design yourself on the website with differnt colour or writing on the badge, does anyone no the name of the company i cant seem to remember the name.
Brigante
Don't DMB do custom colour viper stripes? If not, think I saw ok youtube the other day a place that did em, when I'm back at a computer I'll try n find out where it was.
artscot79
dmb have the custom stripes only 5 last year it was 15to20
moy24
[quote name='Brigante' timestamp='1349623796' post='210110']
Don't DMB do custom colour viper stripes? If not, think I saw ok youtube the other day a place that did em, when I'm back at a computer I'll try n find out where it was.
[/quote]

if you can find me the link thats be good mate, i think i didnt explian myself properly im looking for the ovelay stick you put over the ford badge i no a company use to do custom one which you can design but cant remember it
moy24
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1349624178' post='210112']
dmb have the custom stripes only 5 last year it was 15to20
[/quote]

im after the overlay that goes on top of the ford badge but custom one where you can desgin ur own
artscot79
http://www.dmb.uk.com/search/-
Brigante
Oh my bad lol thought you meant custom viper stripes some reason.

Yup I reckon if you contacted DMB they may be able to design you a custom overlay mate made to order. What did you have in mind exactly?
moy24
Hi all i as you all no my car is a st replica but i have decided to make it into a facelift st as i came across a good deal. Im swaping my front st bumper with a facelift st bumper with the lower grill just need the upper grill and i brought facelift side panels both panels of ebay £40 as the panels have no indicator on as its facelift model im gona buy some st badges that i can put on the wings. I also brought the facelift headlight with R8 DRL built in light with LED indictor built in cheapest i found on ebay for this light is £329.99 but i was so lucky i just payed £130 for the light of a guy (Private seller) on ebay brand new never used with manual.all i need is a bonnet and wing mirrors with indicator.cant wait i wont do the build till after winter as i need to the parts painted and dont want the winter salt and snow to damage the paintwork. I will upload pic as soon as i recive the parts but here is a pic of the light i brought its the actual light i brought.
Preee
Moy you had some very good deals there , it's going to look real nice when it's done
artscot79
its a good idea but ide speak to the insurance first before you go ahead as its a big change cosmetically personally you should be proud to have a mk2 but its personal choice
moy24
thanks preee cant wait insurance wont be a problem as its still origanl ford parts basicly il be paying £55 a month for insurance fully comp with breakdown cover as the insurance company deal with modified cars.

Full Colour Version: Recent Mods
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.