Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blanked My Egr Off
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
piper
Iíve blanked my EGR off.
Because of this the engine management light comes on.

Will this light always stay on or can disconnect it in any way?.

Thanks piper
mintalkin
you must have the euro 4 engine with the electronic egr valve,the eml will always be on because the ecu is picking up a lack of egr airflow fault code,some people have drilled a 10mm hole in the blanking plate which sometimes is enough for the sensor to detect some airflow and put the light out.
Stoney871
Yep you need the hole.
stef123
But drilling a hole in it defeats the purpose... It will still clog up albeit possibly slower
piper
Thanks you for the replies, really helpful

piper
tazzman600
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=4]Yeah your right, drilling a hole defeats the object. I've read elsewhere that to over come the EML is to get a code reader which can be used to cancel the warning light. Try taking your blank out and unplug the multiplug, this will keep the valve shut thus acting as a blank. Is your car a mk3 by any chance?[/size][/font]
stef123
[quote name='tazzman600' timestamp='1348759409' post='208650']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=4]Yeah your right, drilling a hole defeats the object. I've read elsewhere that to over come the EML is to get a code reader which can be used to cancel the warning light. Try taking your blank out and unplug the multiplug, this will keep the valve shut thus acting as a blank. Is your car a mk3 by any chance?[/size][/font]
[/quote]

you need to fool the ecu into thinking its still connected, clearing the light with a code reader only works for a few miles

Full Colour Version: Blanked My Egr Off
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.