Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Diesel Leak
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
pabsy1927
Hi All!

Right I know nothing about cars at all. I own a Ford Focus 1.8 diesel. When driving it today i stopped and there was a little smoke coming from the Engine. When I checked, it looks like a small black pipe has come lose at one end (looks like the thread material has come apart) and smells like its leaking diesel onto the engine. Sorry not sure what this pipe is but there are maybe 3 or 4 of them right in the middle of the engine coming of one small pin then onto the next....

I told you I know nothing about cars!!.

Anybody got any ideas to what i could be refering to?

tyhanks
johnnyguitar
I get a smell of diesel in the cabin through the vents - mainly at idle. Let me know if you find a fix as this I could have the same problem. Do you have TDDi or TDCi?
ToolBox
Hi, Sounds like one of the injector leak off hoses, presume it is a hose not a pipe, they are easy to replace and cheap, I would renew the set as if one has failed the othere will follow suit.
Brian

Full Colour Version: Diesel Leak
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615