Just collected my new Focus 1lt Zetec in Midnight blue with larger alloy wheels.
Perhaps now is the best time to share some of my findings before I get settled into ownership.
1)The car is very lively to drive, its by far the most powerful car I have owned with plenty of torque and a very slick 6 speed gearbox.
2) All round visibility is very good, the wipers work from the centre to the edges almost totally wiping the screen. De misting is very quick and warming up takes only a few hundred yards
2) The seats were a bit uncomfy with raised edges (sports seat) but over the last couple of days have adjusted to my larger body, no problem there.
3) The suspension is nice and soft round town, soaking up the bumps and pot holes.
4) The radio is a good with plenty of sound adjustment available. I have loaded a 16mb usb stick with all my music and installed it in the socket inside the glove box. The unit detects it on Aux and will select files and songs via the audio controls. It also easily connects to my Sony phone blue tooth and syncronsynchronised phone settings and numbers.
1) My hand will not fit between the hand brake and centre consul. I have adjusted to hooking my fingers under.
2) My hand will not fit in the door closing handle.
3) The chrome trim round the windows reflects in the wing mirrors
4) The ride is soft but on the open road is a bit choppy. I dont notice much now so it may have bedded in, It made my passanger feel travel sick at first.
5) Fuel consumption. I did expect a bit better. Its 43mpg on a good mixed route. 36mpg round town and 28mpg in the city of Leeds. Its just the same as my Fiesta, Escort,Corsa, Maestro,Metro, Mini, Imp etc However these had amost zero emission technology. Im not too dissapointed and driving changes should see an improvement. The big differenece is the old cars had none of the drive and power of this new Focus.
Overall I'm impressed and pleased with my new car.