Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gear Box Noise Have A Listen
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Drich290195
When releasing the clutch out to neutral I get this noise you can here ur better later on the clip. Only does it releasing to neutral no other gear is it normal. Anything to worry about gear box seems fine.

http://youtu.be/en6mX2vVjq8
artscot79
ide get it checked mine does not do that and the only time my mk1 did was when the clutch release bearing had popped a seal
Mike77
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1349277430' post='209483']
ide get it checked mine does not do that and the only time my mk1 did was when the clutch release bearing had popped a seal
[/quote]

Did they use a concentric slave cylinder on this model ? Or is it just a bearing itself ? Either way I agree on a release bearing...
tomo2001
Thought it might be the sole of your trainer that was split ? ;)
Drich290195
is the clutch release bearing a big job whats the likely cost. how come it only does it in neutral and no other gear, also is it a urgent job or will it wait till the end of next month.
Drich290195
oh and its only when releasing the clutch pedal in neutral
Mike77
It will be doing it in other gears, but at the same time it will be driving so the sound will be muted, you can hear it in neutral because you are stationary and the engine isn't under load. It's quite a big job unless your good with the spanners, as its a clutch out jobby I'm afraid !!!
Drich290195
It's silent when the cloth is released fully out though it only makes it while it is coming out will it wait till next month
tomo2001
Clutch release bearings can be noisy for a long time before actually failing. Equally a bearing can give up the ghost at any time. For piece of mind take it to a local mechanic or Ford dealer and ask for their opinion, we will all have different views on here.
The advice you get from a garage will be free also !!

Full Colour Version: Gear Box Noise Have A Listen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.