Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auto Gearbox
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
kelsan
hi guys, when i bought my focus 2010 1.6 petrol auto i was told that it had four gears and overdrive , but i can only hear four changes, when i slip it across to tiptronic manual it only displays 4 even though its at top speed, so fellas is it four or five? thanks in advance.
2011fiesta
I'd be interested to hear what people have to say about this. I have the fiesta 4 speed auto and as u say u can hear 4 main changes, and when u slip it over into manual mode it displays the 1 to 4 as you change up/down.

However when under steady acceleration once the cars went into 4th I can often feel what seems to be like a 5th change, (the engine quietings down a bit and u can see the rev counter drop too, and u can feel the car get a little boost forward just like when it is changing up a gear). So is this ghost gear change what overdrive is, or does this auto box actually have 4 and a half gears or something? Lol
I've heard older people mention they had overdrive on their very first cars but I'm not totally sure I know what it is - plus they would of been manual transmissions.

Paul :)

Full Colour Version: Auto Gearbox
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615