Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am/fm Button Does Not Work On My Mondeo 6000Cd Stereo
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Audio & Electronics
Dwells
Please help!

I've purchased a used Ford Mondeo and the AM/FM button does not work, the radio does as it was on when I got it, but after I pressed the other buttons aux and CD I can not get the radio back on.

I removed the button and the soft rubber bits when pressed, do not have an effect. (they do on the other buttons). Also when the other buttons are removed they have a single green light lit behind, but the AM/FM one has two green lights.

Any ideas?
Stoney871
I reckon your button contacts are broken or dirty.
I think they've sold you a tangy yellow fruit.
Dwells
How do I clean the contacts?
The car was much cheaper than it should have been on ebay, so don't mind spending some money on niggly bits, but will do what I can myself if it's easy enough
Stoney871
You could try a compressed air can like used to clean computers or dismantle the radio face plate to get to the micro contacts but it is fiddly.
I'll talk you through dismantling the radio if you choose to do so.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615