Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior Leak Question
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
jimmygixer
Could anyone give me some advice.
I have had a leak in my 2003 focus for months now. I used to assum it was rain getting in somewhere, so i resealed the pollen filter housing and window trim and tested it with the hose and its deffinetly isnt it.
Ive finally tracked it down to being aircon related. The aircon drain is working as it should, and it has the u bend pipe on the end of it, so its not leaking from it.
The water is clear so it has to be the condensation coming from the aircon.
I usually park on an incline, but for the past few days i reversed up it pointing the car down the hill and there wasnt a drop, but today i parked facing up as usual and then suddenly a small trickle of water began to run down the passanger floor.
It appears to be coming from the foam type seal which is between the bulkhead and the part which leads to the outer AC drain as shown in the picture.
Can i seal this where its at or do i need to remove something and how do i do it?

artscot79
ill be honest ive never seen a leak from there it does suggest that the drain under there is blocked
jimmygixer
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1350679535' post='212569']
ill be honest ive never seen a leak from there it does suggest that the drain under there is blocked
[/quote]

The drain is deffinetly working, there must be a small gap somewhere where the water gathers before it gets a chance to go out the drain.
artscot79
ebay search for marine sealant and you can pump a blob of it out onto cardboard and spread it on the area just make sure its dry first
jimmygixer
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1350751626' post='212650']
ebay search for marine sealant and you can pump a blob of it out onto cardboard and spread it on the area just make sure its dry first
[/quote]

I was thinking of doing this, but access and view only lets me get to a small section but i may as well see if it works.
I have waterproof gutter sealant which i used to seal the pollen filter, this would also do i assume?
artscot79
gutter sealant should work to get full access is a full dashboard out job not something ide want to do to be honest and you would have to degass the aircon and start removing pipes

Full Colour Version: Interior Leak Question
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.