Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2012 Focus Titanium - Steering Wheel Controls Not Working
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Chris_Focus
Hi all,

collected my car today and realised on the way home that the steering wheel controls weren't working. The ones under the wheel that control the cruise (left hand side) or the telephone (right hand side) work fine but the navigation ones on the wheel itself (left or right) do not.

Anyone with any ideas?

I called the dealer back but they're unable to help me till Monday now. :(

Thanks,

Chris.
Stoney871
Take it back and kick off.
Preee
Sounds like a Friday afternoon job , and they left early without connecting the wiring, you will have to take it back.
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Yep, it's their problem, not yours.[/font][/size][/color]
k13r4n
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1350752641' post='212654']
Take it back and kick off.
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more just don't actually kick anything
Stoney871
Figure of speech.
Stamp your feet and be very displeased and hint you want compensation for the inconvenience and hassle.
You may get some form of compensatory apology.
Worth a try anyway. :D
Brigante
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1350761718' post='212674']
Figure of speech.
Stamp your feet and be very displeased and hint you want compensation for the inconvenience and hassle.
You may get some form of compensatory apology.
Worth a try anyway. :D
[/quote]

If that don't work, drive the car through the show room window and say your returning it.
Chris_Focus
"Complaining" is already on the cards guys, fear not, it's just Monday onwards unfortunately. I just wondered if I was missing something, like they'd been disabled or a reset would cure it (I disconnected the battery for a few mins to make sure and it didn't help - found out where the passenger compartment fuse box is though and got my first Focus war wound as it's awfully tight up there).

Means the display in the dashpod is stuck on odometer miles and I can't change anything on there. Central screen can be controlled via the centre console though. PITA. :(

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615