Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reseting Airbag Light??????
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
jimmygixer
2003 Focus
I removed my front passenger seat to get better access to the carpet as i have a leak :angry:
After refitting the seat and plugging the connector back into the seat i tried to see if the airbag light would go out but it hasnt.
How can i reset the light?
Also just to be sure, there are two connectors and i think only one was plugged in, is this correct?
jimmygixer
ANYONE ??? :huh:
Mike77
It's gonna have to go onto a reader that is capable of turning off the airbag light... Not all of them do it. A decent garage may charge u upwards of 20 to put it out. Always disconnect the battery before unplugging and connectors like that.
jimmygixer
[quote name='Mike77' timestamp='1350874476' post='212926']
It's gonna have to go onto a reader that is capable of turning off the airbag light... Not all of them do it. A decent garage may charge u upwards of £20 to put it out. Always disconnect the battery before unplugging and connectors like that.
[/quote]

Its just i saw a few people online elsewhere saying they disconnected their battery for a while and that did the trick, as the car doesnt store a code for this problem. Didn't work for me though.
I had to drive the car for a few days without the seat to try and locate the leak i had.
Cheers.
STEADS
Air bag connector and seat belt tensioner plug them both in and the light will go out see my post in your other post unsure of the colour poss 1 yellow 1 purple or poss orange

Full Colour Version: Reseting Airbag Light??????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.