February 25, 2009, 12:54 pm
[quote name='gaz6076' post='13257' date='Feb 25 2009, 06:06 PM']Found this in 2mins by using google
Its for the mk1 but I'm sure they are similar
the whole world loves a comedian especially when he falls flat on his arse. The original post suggested it was different to the Mk1. If you need any googling lessons fella, PM me always here for you
In answer to the question
[quote name='"Google Result"']Firstly get yourself some trim removal tools. You can find a cheap kit on ebay. They are made from a rigid plastic and wont take lumps out of your trim or paint.
1. Remove the tweeter cover at the top of the door next to the mirror. Easiest if you drop the window and do this from the outside in. Remove the top cover and then remove the section attached to the door by unscrewing and unclipping it. This will make removing the card easier and also easier to reinstall.
2. Lever the lower section of the interior grab handle using a suitably sized trim removal tool. This is held in place with a few plastic tabs and should come away with a little persuasion.
3. Once removed you will find two previously hidden bolts. Remove both of these.
4. Unplug the switchgear for the switches in the door handle.
5. Starting at the bottom edge closest to the rear of the car, start levering the door card away from the door to release the clips holding the card in place. These are pretty stiff on the first attempt so expect a few expletives. Work your way round the bottom of the card until all clips are free the bottom. There are further clips at the rop of the card which you can now free up using a suitable lever and inserting it up inside the card from the bottom. The card should bend up enough for you to do this.
6. Once all clips are free, pull the card out and up to remove[/quote]