Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Converting Non Heated Side Mirror To Heated Mirror?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
sung121
Hi everyone,

Ive got a 2008 Focus that doesnt come with heated side mirror
i was just wondering if anyone on here have done that before and can give me a clue if that will work or not?

Many Thanks
Mr Singh
are you sure you dont have heated mirrors fitted already?

the way to test if they are fitted is to switch the rear heated screen on and then feel the mirrors to see if they are getting warm
mobily
I'm sure they are fitted?
sung121
tried today, switched on the heated rear screen
cant feel any heat from either the mirror or the rear screen,
after a while of waiting the fog on the rear screen cleared. (still cant feel anything)
but the water droplet on the mirror is still there.
Stoney871
Put your registration into etis and you'll know for sure.
Mr Singh
it wont get hot hot, it'll get warm enough to notice the temp but it sounds like you dont have them fitted... and if its anything like my question about retro fitting power fold, its a big, hard job
Haz93
If you pull the plastic cover off the mirror ( may be a bit tough ) you can then see the wiring in the mirror. If its heated there will be two wires attached to the mirror.
sung121
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1351449200' post='214163']
Put your registration into etis and you'll know for sure.
[/quote]

when i check on etis, it said ''[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Trebuchet, _sans][size=2][background=rgb(240, 248, 255)] Dual Power Mirrors-Manual Fold Back '' [/background][/size][/font][/color]
what does that means? not heated?
Stoney871
Yes.
Basically that means electric mirror adjustment but manual folding, no heated mirrors- soz.
Pitmonster
Do you only get the heated mirrors if you also have the heated front screen (i.e. the Zetec Climate) or do cars without the heated front screen get the heated mirrors also?
Stoney871
I don't have heated windscreen but I do have heated mirrors.
sung121
[quote name='Pitmonster' timestamp='1351470185' post='214208']
Do you only get the heated mirrors if you also have the heated front screen (i.e. the Zetec Climate) or do cars without the heated front screen get the heated mirrors also?
[/quote]

Heated mirror is standard on all trim apart from studio, which is the one i got :(
heated mirror on studio trim is optional...
sung121
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1351469452' post='214206']
Yes.
Basically that means electric mirror adjustment but manual folding, no heated mirrors- soz.
[/quote]

oops... anyway thanks for telling me about etis :)
Stoney871
Welcome as always

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.