Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mondeo Starting Issues
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
LesJohnson
Can someone please help me?

I have a 2008 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi Zetec and am finding it increasingly difficult to start first thing. When I turn the key (after the glow plug light goes out) the engine almost turns over but doesn't start. WHen I turn the key on the second attempt it usually starts, and then for the rest of the day it does start first time. However, when it's cold and I try to start first thing in the morning it takes 3 or 4 attempts before it starts!

The garage I bought it from had the car for several days and said they couldn't find anything wrong with it (although to be honest I'm not sure they know what they're doing!)

I am worried that this may be something that could be worse if I don't get it looked at by another garage but it would help if I had an idea of what was causing this so I can tell the garage what to look for.

Any ideas would be gratefully received!

Thank you in advance.
mik
Similar problem I had on a diesel van. Could it be glow plugs? I do know they wear out and when I had mine replaced it started like a dream.
gumpy321
Wrong section. Better ask a mod to move this into the Mondeo section. You'll get more answers there.
Chris_Focus
Glow plugs.
Fastfordman
[quote name='Chris_Focus' timestamp='1352051784' post='215192']
Glow plugs.
[/quote]

Sounds like it my old works van would not fire in a morning but new glow plugs cured it.

Full Colour Version: Mondeo Starting Issues
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615