Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air Filter And Warranty
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
jordan_macgregor
Hello folks,

Just wondering if anybody knows if fitting an aftermarket air filter would void the my extended warranty because its not a Ford part?

I fancy getting one of the Green Cotton air filters...seem to be getting great reviews on here....
Millsy1
if im right..someone correct me if im wrong.but im sure a k&n filter doesnt void the warrenty.
Stoney871
As an air filter is classed as a consumable it shouldn't affect the warranty, but as you say it's not a Ford supplied filter they may do their usual thing of being pedantic and picky.
I do believe that k&n filters come with a chit stating that if any damage is done to an engine that can be attributed to their filters them they will cover it under their own warranty.
Kory-ST90
No the kn filter will not void warranty and you can run the filter for a long time

Full Colour Version: Air Filter And Warranty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.