Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OBD II On Focus Diesel 2003
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Simon S
I am very confused with data I am finding on the net. According to a number of sellers selling the ELM327 on the famous auction site, my 2002 tdci 1.8 is not OBD compatible. However there is a OBD port below the steering wheel.
Is this an OBD port? Anyone have a clue what software will work if it is?
Thanks.
SierraYankee99
It is indeed OBDII compliant mate, I'm not sure on the software I dont do my own code reads.
gaz6076
I think most OBDII works with ELM 327. All fords I've worked on anyway. ELM 327 is the type of software that a diagnostic interface would use
Simon S
Thanks for the help chaps. I just want to see if the car is making full boost as it seems to be low on power until the gauge reaches half way.
gaz6076
Am not very clued up on turbos but my understanding of them is that the need a fair bit of exhaust pressure for them to work. Hence turbo lag
Simon S
[quote name='gaz6076' post='13436' date='Feb 26 2009, 08:00 PM']Am not very clued up on turbos but my understanding of them is that the need a fair bit of exhaust pressure for them to work. Hence turbo lag[/quote]
Cheers Gaz6076, I just need to check the boost at warmup. I think it should be around 1.5 bar relative.

Full Colour Version: OBD II On Focus Diesel 2003
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.