Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mot's
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Sierra Club
richie the spod
Does anyone know if suspension bump stops are included in the mot?
Thanks
Richie
Stoney871
Seeing as they're right at the top of the shocks and only come into play when the car bottoms out I'd say they'll be ok as long as they're not obviously perished.
richie the spod
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1352145147' post='215374']
Seeing as they're right at the top of the shocks and only come into play when the car bottoms out I'd say they'll be ok as long as they're not obviously perished.
[/quote]

Thanks Stoney thats what I was thinking. I have ordered a new pair from Ford parts but they are on back order, so whether I will ever get them is another matter.
Thanks again
Richie

Hopefully I will be
mintalkin
bump stops are not included in the MOT, even with one missing they can not fail the car.
richie the spod
[quote name='mintalkin' timestamp='1352302862' post='215682']
bump stops are not included in the MOT, even with one missing they can not fail the car.
[/quote]
Thanks mintalkin that's good news, I feel a lot happier now,cos i've just spent out a lot on servicing, and a re spray on both bumpers,so if I don't manage to find any new ones from fordparts I would have beeen gutted.
Thanks again mate
Richie
FOCA
I can confirm that they are not required, i know of someone who fitted Eibach lowering springs and left out the bump stops, the car still passed its MOT (recently- MOTs change as time goes on)
Brundle
Like the others said, its not covered

Full Colour Version: Mot's
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615