Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulbs Don't Fit.
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Marty1198
Bought these Cree bulbs a while back but only got round to fitting them yesterday. Unfortunately I didn't check the dimensions and although the base fits the holder, the other end doesn't fit through the hole the bulb is supposed to fit. Any ideas? Or can anyone suggest an alternative use?
gforce
How much of a difference are we talking mate? Would it be possible to file a bit of the hole away to make it big enough to fit but still have the cover fit on?

Failing that, front footwells, interior courtesy lights, map lights, glove box light, boot light? Or is it too big for any of these also? Front footwells, if you've the holders in place, are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head that you'll def have no issue with as there's no cover on them, just the holder pointing down toward the footwell.
Marty1198
I've got blue led's in the footwells at the moment. I tried one of the cree bulbs in there but it directs the light too narrow. The widest part of the bulb is 15mm. I guess I could try and file a bit off both the bulb and the hole it it's meant to fit.
gforce
No chance of a refund or anything mate?

Just so you know (queue disclaimer!), I have no experience of filing the holder, hole or anywhere else for that matter, so don't try it based on my advice unless you're 100% comfortable that you won't go too far as you obviously won't be able to undo it!

Full Colour Version: Bulbs Don't Fit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615