Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zetec Diesel
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Zetec_Diesel
I am currently driving a Renault Clio 1.5 dCi and I have seen a Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec TDCi that I am considering buying. I have seen the above car for £8488 with 42,000 miles on the clock.

I haven't had a proper look at the car as it was dark at the time but it looks in pretty good condition.

What do people think about the car, price and mileage?

I can post a link to the car if people need me to!

Thanks in advance for you advice.

Ste.
Stoney871
I'd put the registration through a text check service so as to get a more accurate price quote and average mileage estimate.
If you go for the 1.8 you'll get a good engine and a solid car.
STEADS
[i]i went from the same 1.5 dci clio to a 1.8 titanium tdci with a lot more mileage on than that if its what you want and its in good nick everything checks out on it you wont be dissapointed i payed 7200 for mine on a 09 but higher mileage so in comparision i would say about right .[/i]
TDCiST
the 1.8 is a great engine, pulls well too... It is an old design though so not the most efficient..
Zetec_Diesel
Think I might have posted this twice by accident.

Steads: I have found one for the same price and only 26,850 miles on the clock. Excellent monthly payment.

Looking for a good car, pleased I chose the 1.8 and great comments if its a good engine I'm definitely pleased.
Stoney871
The 1.8 is a simple engine compared to the other ones in the focus range but it is the only fully ford engine available and it is a solid reliable workhorse compared to the others that are Peugeot/Citroen blocks and tend to eat their own turbo aftert a while.
Add to that it doesn't have DPF so that will save you hassle and expense when it eventually clogs up.

Full Colour Version: Zetec Diesel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615