November 15, 2012, 11:08 am
I'm from Malaysia and here's my TDCi Mk 2.5 with a 2.0 liter duratorq engine with a 6 speed powershift transmission
here's what i've done with it
- Fitted better stiffer adjustable shocks for the front and sport shocks for the rear - from a custom shock builder from malaysia called Titan
- Fitted an Airtec ST intercooler
- Fitted JBT uprated Rotors - 330 mm front and 320mm rear with EBC green stuff on the front and ford originals on the rear with a custom steel braided hose
- 2.5 inch decatted exhaust system with a single 2.5 inch s-flow box at the back
- Foamed the entire chasis - A,B,C pillar and the under carriage
- had a custom map for the car installed - which brings the power from stock 139hp with the mods above to about 171hp and 393 nm of torque.
- had some skirt and an RS spoiler fitted as well.
- samco hose replacement for all the hoses from the intake manifold, intercooler and the turbo side
Note - only Euro2m biodiesel is available in this country for fuel
I am thinking about getting a hybrid turbo installed to gain a few more horses. Thoughts on that?
Looking out at options to increase any available power
November 15, 2012, 11:10 am
[color="#0000FF"][size="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Hi welcome[/font][/size][/color]
November 15, 2012, 12:22 pm
welcome to the forum. the car looks great and looks like you have done pretty much everything you can. Getting a hybrid turbo wont be easy - not many places doing them as the turbi/mani are one piece items which is a big shame, unless the 2.2tdci turbo kit fits.
Your Focus has different bumpers (front and rear) to ours but it sure does look good!
November 15, 2012, 2:13 pm
Thanks for the warm welcome. I had a shop reckon to get the existing turbo out and get the hybrid work done on it. Enlarged cores and a new set of uprated fins can be slapped on to it. However, i have approx 35000 KM left to go for the warranty to expire before actually touching it. That would probably the the approach i take. Just wondering if anyone has done a turbo upgrade on a focus tdci yet.
November 15, 2012, 2:27 pm
Welcome to the forum,
Your focus looks great, and nobody on here has a hybrid turbo fitted.
Try TDOCUK.com for more detailed hybrid turbo info
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here