Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fitting The 2 Hydrolic Pump Hinges That Hold The Hatchback Door Up
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
James Lawless
Hi,

I need to replace the hydrolic (x2) hinges that hold open the hatchback door on a Ford Focus 1.6 LX (Zetec SE 0 2001) model.

Can anyone advise where I acn look to find the componenents and broadly how to fit them ?

Many thanks,

James.
mintalkin
you can find the struts you require here
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=focus+tailgate+ram&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=focus+tailgate+strut&_sacat=0

to fit them there should be a metal clip each end of the strut that removes and then you can remove the strut itself, remember you will need someone to hold the tailgate up when you do this.
Stoney871
Yep. There's metal collars that you pop off and the struts just unclip.
Mind yer noggin. ;)
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]10 minute job.[/font][/size][/color] [color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]change them as a pair.[/font][/size][/color]
James Lawless
Hi to Mintalkin, Stoney 871 & North Sussex

Thanks very much for you advice -put my mind at rest that this is diy doable - very much apreciated so thanks again !

James
James Lawless
Job done and I thank you Mintalkin and Stormin and Clive - very much.
Stoney871
Welcome as ever James.
Glad to be of help.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.