Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Radio Performance
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
smccran
Hi,
I travel up and down the M4 every day in a 2008 Ford Focus. It has the standard Radio fitted, but the reception is awful. The tuning drops in and out all the time.

I've also got a standard roof aerial fitted. Is there any way I can boost the signal, or switch the radio for a digital one? Will that give me a more consistent radio performance?
jimrex
[quote name='smccran' timestamp='1353665207' post='217993']
I've also got a standard roof aerial fitted. Is there any way I can boost the signal, or switch the radio for a digital one? Will that give me a more consistent radio performance?
[/quote]

Digital radios are even more delicate than analogue ones, take the car anywhere slightly built up and the signal drops all the time!
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]First thing to do if you have poor radio reception is to check all aerial connections, including the earth connection under the head lining where the aerial is bolted to the roof. I've never had FM reception problems on my Sony radio on the M4.[/font][/size][/color]

Full Colour Version: Radio Performance
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.