Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Front Wheel Bearings
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
how does this work then
hi gang,
any advice as to how easy to change front wheel bearings on a 2000 1.6 focus ,i have been told that as they are 'pressed in' it could be a garage only option, or it could only need the hub nut to be re-tightend
thanks for any help
STEADS
if you can do a lot of the work yourself and save a whole bunch of labour take the hub off and take it with the new bearing to a local indepedent and they should press it in and out for the price of a pack of cigs .
Stoney871
If you had your own hydraulic press them it's a five minute job.
Ford would quote at least two hours labour and insist on a diagnostic :P
how does this work then
now its the gearbox!!!!! so anybody know if a 2003 1.6 se gearbox will fit a 2000 1.6 ztec ,found one for £50 squids on ebay with only 49k on it Bargin or what!!!!!
johnS
[quote name='how does this work then' timestamp='1354899993' post='220109']
now its the gearbox!!!!! so anybody know if a 2003 1.6 se gearbox will fit a 2000 1.6 ztec ,found one for 50 squids on ebay with only 49k on it Bargin or what!!!!!
[/quote]

What was wrong with the gearbox mate?
how does this work then
the bloke at my local garage says that the rumbling noise is a sign that the box is on the way out, its like a constant rumble but not a noisey one if you get my drift,he rekons there is metal agianst metal somwhere.gonna try topping it up and see what happends
Andy

Full Colour Version: Focus Front Wheel Bearings
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.