Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Could This Be?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
jimmygixer
My 03 focus has started to make a light clunk/ knock ( sometimes 2 knocks quickly 1 after the other ) when i come off and on the power and sometimes when i turn, although it has a slight delay so i don't think its gearbox related.
It has new control arms on the front recently fitted so cant be that.
Anyone any ideas?
Maddogpro
Top or bottom ball joints worn maybe imagine under acce;eration they are push hard when easing off they are released and clunk its a rwo minute job too get them checked if one lets go your in do do ive had it on a large rover its not fun when the bottom snaps and all ov a suddrn the wheel folds under the car i may be wrong but check them anyway
jimmygixer
[quote name='Maddogpro' timestamp='1353917463' post='218379']
Top or bottom ball joints worn maybe imagine under acce;eration they are push hard when easing off they are released and clunk its a rwo minute job too get them checked if one lets go your in do do ive had it on a large rover its not fun when the bottom snaps and all ov a suddrn the wheel folds under the car i may be wrong but check them anyway
[/quote]

The lower ball joints are new with the recent control arms, but i will check the top ones.
Is there anything much on the rear suspension which can wear?
artscot79
rear upper bushes are worth checking and all of the rear control arms
FOCA
Check the lower rear engine/ gearbox mount
jimmygixer
I will give these all a look at.
The clutch was done not that long ago, so i will check the gearbox mount especially.
Thanks all.
jimmygixer
[quote name='FOCA' timestamp='1354054186' post='218688']
Check the lower rear engine/ gearbox mount
[/quote]

Only got round to checking the car today, and you were right FOCA. It just needed the gearbox mount bolt tightening up a bit. I wouldn't have thought of that.
Cheers mate.

Full Colour Version: What Could This Be?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615