Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unusual Engine Noise At Idle And When Turning Steering Wheel
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
danant810
Hi all my car has just started to make like a humming noise/drone from the engine when it is in tick over and you can hear it more when stood still and turning the steering wheel. The noise can't be heard when traveling at speed. The noise doesn't go after it's warmed up. Does anybody have any ideas of what this may be please? Many thanks for any help.
Watma00
[quote name='danant810' timestamp='1354215510' post='218987']
Hi all my car has just started to make like a humming noise/drone from the engine when it is in tick over and you can hear it more when stood still and turning the steering wheel. The noise can't be heard when traveling at speed. The noise doesn't go after it's warmed up. Does anybody have any ideas of what this may be please? Many thanks for any help.
[/quote]

i have the exact same problem with my 2005 vct, i had it checked out and it`s comming from the powersteering pump, and it will get worse with time, it has become really annoying for me, the problem is it`s a pretty expensive fix too :(

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615