Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battery Advice
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Mike77
Sorry guys, I know i've seen this info on here, but cant seem to find it ? My battery has decided to retire itself from active duty, so I need a replacement. And remember seeing something about it needing a sliver cadium (wording may be incorrect) or similar. It a 2006 1.8tdci. Thanks in advance guys :D
Brigante
Do you mean like a bosh silver?
Brigante
You've got your standard lead acid battery

One up from that is your calcium

Then top of the range would be the bosch silver which comes with a 5 year guarantee

Think this is what you need

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/VehicleProductGuidedSalesCmd?storeId=10001&catalogId=10151&categoryId=165762&langId=-1&engineInd=1&makeName=23&modelName=2328&dvlaYear=52&subset=2328220&action=getProducts&findPartsMMYS=true&findPartsMMYSButton=Find
Mike77
Right,,,,, I was under the impression that the tdci NEEDED a certain type of battery. Thought there was a possibility of damage to some electrical components if the wrong type was fitted,,,, Or have I just read wrong ?
Brigante
Easy answer is to go on here

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/categorydisplay_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_categoryId_165762_langId_-1

And type in your reg mate

It will automatically tell you which battery you need
Mike77
Lol, Dont really trust halfrauds, but I get where your coming from. Just thought I'd get some info before buying one and getting it wrong. Thanks again mate.
Brigante
Lol I don't trust em either but I think the battery checker I just linked is alright

I got my bosch silver from em not long ago
artscot79
All fords use smart charge all need a silver calcium or double calcium battery you cant use lead acid as the charging rate of 14.4v up to 18v would fry a lead acid battery quickly and cause electrical issues halfords sell lead acid batteries for fords yet they are no good
Brigante
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1354238899' post='219053']
All fords use smart charge all need a silver calcium or double calcium battery you cant use lead acid as the charging rate of 14.4v up to 18v would fry a lead acid battery quickly and cause electrical issues halfords sell lead acid batteries for fords yet they are no good
[/quote]

Very true which is why I'd never touch the cheap one n trumped for the bosch silver
Mike77
See, I knew there was something lol. Thanks artscot. I shall buy with confidence, but hand over my money with a tightly clenched fist :-)
artscot79
:rolleyes:

Full Colour Version: Battery Advice
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.