Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing Works
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
k13r4n
Ok guys I have nothing at all from my car no lights power button won't light up or interior lights won't light is this a flat battery and is it safe to jump start it or not or is it safe to use a battery booster
Stoney871
Dead battery.
I'd recommend a booster pack over a jump start.
Brigante
+1 on not jump starting
StanH
And make sure to find out exactly why this has occurred if it is not a totally defective battery.

I assume you have checked the battery connections
k13r4n
Had the radio on washing the car and fans etc my own fault jumped it as battery boosters were 60 quid in halfrauds but should be ok now
artscot79
radio shouldnt drain tha battery it has a built in 1 hour feature to prevent this ide have the battery checked
k13r4n
Had the radio on washing the car I had the electrics on and the fans going full pelt while I was cleaning the windows
k13r4n
Still getting the battery checked
k13r4n
Battery is 71% and everything seems ok
salsheikh
dont sound right to me but i'm no expert. still, get your earth straps checked and make sure they are not loose
jeebowhite
71% will soon drop with the cold weather, I would strongly consider using that as a spare / emergency and replace your battery :)
gumpy321
Mine has the exact same symptoms. Went to start it today, totally dead (It's been sat for nearly a week). No lights, nothing. Only thing flashing is the red LED in the middle of the speedo and revs gauge. Looks like I need a new battery as this has been on since new and lately it has been getting lazy.

Do I need a special battery? I seem to remember someone saying on the Fords you need a silver calcium? Something to do with the smart charge system?
artscot79
Silver or double calcium battery not lead acid bosch silver are highly recommended
gumpy321
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1356627151' post='223014']
Silver or double calcium battery not lead acid bosch silver are highly recommended
[/quote]

I was looking at the Bosch Silver S5 at Halfords. Are they easy to fit on the Focus? I was looking in the Haynes manual, they say it's fairly easy. Also, if I but the S5, will the battery cover still fit over?
artscot79
The battery cover should still fit its a pretty big box under there easy to fit just make sure you have youre radio code and the car may be a bit odd till the ecu relearns everything you get the bosch on ebay far cheaper usually with next day delivery
gumpy321
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1356627629' post='223019']
The battery cover should still fit its a pretty big box under there easy to fit just make sure you have youre radio code and the car may be a bit odd till the ecu relearns everything you get the bosch on ebay far cheaper usually with next day delivery
[/quote]

Yeah, there's a place near me doing it for £58. I'll pick it up tomorrow. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.
k13r4n
wow 58 quid I was looking at the Bosch battery in halfrauds and was just under 120 for the battery alone
gumpy321
[quote name='k13r4n' timestamp='1356652608' post='223101']
wow 58 quid I was looking at the Bosch battery in halfrauds and was just under 120 for the battery alone
[/quote]

It's £90 for the BOSCH S5 for my particular car from Halfords.
gumpy321
All done now. Car thinks it's -57 outside, however, everything else is ok.

Full Colour Version: Nothing Works
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.