Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Braking Problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Zahc01
Hi,

I have a 59 reg 1.6 focus dielsel, and have a problem when braking. I can hear a grinding noise if braking harsh-ish, doesnt do it when braking normally and the noise is accompanied by a nasty vibration through the brake pedal. The problem has been happening on and off for a couple of weeks. The brakes were checked by a main ford dealer about 2 months ago.

The problem occurs either when braking going over a speed bump, on ice, or braking when going over an uneven road surface. This is making me think it has something to do with the abs, but as a complete novice this is only a guess. The brakes are great at all other times.

By coincidence the car is going into the garage for its MOT on Saturday, and I've asked them to take a look, but I'd like to have some idea beforehand.

Thanks for any help you can give me
cuke
Hi, all I can say the symptoms you suggest is what would happen if the abs was kicking in and this would occur when braking on ice.
gumpy321
I don't think you're helping yourself breaking over speed bumps. Could be either the ABS acting up, a warped disc, or a low brake pad.

But as you say it doesn't happen all the time, I'm more inclined to say it's your ABS acting up.

Full Colour Version: Focus Braking Problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615