My 2001 Focus 1.6i has started making a noise which gets louder when turning right (not necessarily big turns, just changing motorway lanes does it too). It is also slightly there when driving straight, and the car wants to pull very slightly left.
- There is no vibration through the steering wheel.
- The tracking has been done fairly recently and the tyres are fairly new and balanced.
- There is very slight wear to inner edge right (offside) front wheel.
- Stays straight when braking.
- Noise increases with speed (at 60 it sounds a bit like a washing machine slowing from its spin cycle)
- Both wheels have very slight play side to side (9-3)
- The left (nearside) wheel has slight play up and down (12-6) - not particularly visible but I can feel it moving
Any ideas as to what this might be?