Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Smartcam Plus Radio Don't Play Together
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
billybob66
hi again chaps,

i again need your expert advice, i have a smartcam on my windscreen but when plugged in to the lighter socket the radio signal is lost.
leaving it unplgged is a no no as the batery life is not very long.
so do any of you chaps have any suggestions on how to solve this?
is there anything that i could get that helps as my little girl can't listen to her music ( no complaints from me on that one though )

again thanks in advance, billybob66. :) :)
Stoney871
It sounds like the power cable is causing interference with the aerial reception and wiping the signal out.
Try re-routing the power cable away from the aerial cable and base mount.
Mike77
As well as the above is the earth wire in a decent position ? You could try moving the location of this if the above doesn't work. I had a similar problem with my last car, mk6 fiesta, I fitted the bi-xenon lights, and all was great with the radio,,, until I switched on the lights, when I also lost radio reception, not totally, but enough to make me want to put a cd on rather than listen to the crackling. I tried allsorts, but to no avail.
billybob66
cheers guys for your replies, looks like i will have to live with my problem or try and put in a new power supply for the camera.
as the radio and power supply are at one point so close together no matter where i put the camera i still have a problem.
looks like its no radio from now on, ho well not that much of a loss. :lol: :lol: :lol:

again cheers to all, billybob66. :D

ps, if i do find a way round it i will post back and let you know how, B)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615