Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Number Plate Bulbs
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
k13r4n
ok guys my number plate lights are rubbish want new ones any ideas must be legal and 5w5 bulbs
soulman123
I think some use a LED light.
Mike77
LED'S the only other option really mate, loads on eBay, legal and a lot more white than the standard rubbish.
Dal.
I got these ones - seem to work fine:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290690561037
k13r4n
those would be good but wrong bulbs for my car like
Dal.
Search for the right ones that are similar then? Was only guidance as to what has been ok....
gumpy321
I used [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-8-SMD-LED-ERROR-FREE-CANBUS-LED-501-W5W-SIDELIGHT-BULB-Xenon-White-/320928716521?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ab8d796e9"]these[/url] on mine. Work perfectly well.
astonnick
I tried to change mine but could never get the bloody bulb holders out :( Managed to prize both lights from the boot lid a fair way, but never enough to get the original bulbs out. Had to give up in the end.
jbeer
[quote name='astonnick' timestamp='1357076714' post='223855']
I tried to change mine but could never get the bloody bulb holders out :( Managed to prize both lights from the boot lid a fair way, but never enough to get the original bulbs out. Had to give up in the end.
[/quote]Assuming yours is a mk2.5 then a very thin screwdriver slotted into the inner side of the light should release the spring and then the bulb unit should drop out. Then the grey bulb holder with about a 1/4 turn should come out easily enough
astonnick
[quote name='jbeer' timestamp='1357082471' post='223872']
Assuming yours is a mk2.5 then a very thin screwdriver slotted into the inner side of the light should release the spring and then the bulb unit should drop out. Then the grey bulb holder with about a 1/4 turn should come out easily enough
[/quote]

Yeah that's what I read somewhere, but couldn't for the life of me get it out. Pushing the screwdriver in just broke the clip, and no amout of wiggling seemed to help unfortunately. Thanks for the info though, might give it another bash tomorrow!
Stoney871
If you've nacked the clip i believe you can remove the trim from inside the hatch and unclip the light from there.
jbeer
Soft touches, soft touches is all I would say!

Full Colour Version: Number Plate Bulbs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.