Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick Esp Question?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Mikoyan
Hi all,

Within the Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec (mk2.5) I noticed that you can select ESP manually by going through the menu.

Previously when driving my dads lexus 4x4 I went over a round about a bit too quick, and ESP kicked in and saved me from a little accident ;)

But a little confused about the Focus, if you have to manually select this on, whats the point? Shouldnt this kick in automatically?

Can anyone please advise why I can enable\disable this via menu and in what instances will I need to do so?
liam-20
The ESP is active and has to be manual switched off and I found switching this off in the snow last year helped because when I left it in and I lost traction it killed all power to the wheels.
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]It stays in the off position if you manually turn it off, then when you next start the car, it reverts automatically back to the on position.[/font][/size][/color]
martyntdci
As wat the others said......

Full Colour Version: Quick Esp Question?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.