Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windscreen Wipers Going On When Car Is Turned Off?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
oman
Hi all new to this forum and was looking some help with my car. I am not a car person so I have came here to see if anyone can help me. The problem that I have is that my windscreen wipers are going on after the car has been turned of and then leaving me with a dead battery. I took the car to my mechanic and he looked at the main fuse board and pulled it down and he heard a buzz and from then the wipers have not went on. Any help would be great.
Stoney871
First of all welcome to the Forum.
The trouble sounds like maybe a loose relay or a connector was not in fully, sometimes a wayward foot movement can knock something and cause problems.
So is the situation now that the problem has stopped or that the wipers won't work at all?
oman
Yea at the moment it seems to have stopped and is working ok. Hopefully that is the issue resolved. Cheers for the help
Stoney871
You're welcome, yep definitely sounds like a loose connection was the problem and has corrected itself with the movement of the fusebox.
At least you know where to look if it ever rears it's head again.
Aldoo
mine did that when there was water in the electrics. there was the indicators and interior lights too though - you could just have a more minor version
mine also fixed itself, i just waterproofed it a bit more

both possibilities are related to the relays though.

good luck :)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.