Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Sync Track Order From Usb
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Audio & Electronics
russellf
Hi, I have a B-Max with Sync. It works really well, apart from one small problem. When playing albums from the USB stick the system plays the tracks in alphabetical order, rather than the proper track order. Of course how 'important' this is depends on the album !! However, I would like it to play them how they were originally produced. Does anyone know if this is possible?
minnis
There is one way that would definitely work, and that is to name all the tracks with their track number first. For example, track number one on the CD would be named "01 ..." and so on. Could be very time consuming if you have a lot of tracks, but its guaranteed to work.
Stoney871
+1
rnem_uk

Found this link... seems to cover it....

http://fordsyncforum.com/topic/1381-setting-up-the-usb-flash-drive/

I agree with the comments there in that the person that programmed the system was a complete idiot.

Anomaly

I desperately suffer from this problem! the link above doesn't work. no way to update sync either.

if anyone has found a solution, please share it!!

Willy
Anyone want a free head unit and sync module?
Dammed thing is awful :(
As Russel said, sync plays all our music alphabetically. I've emailed Ford again about this and will post there response here for you guys.
Anomaly

Anyone want a free head unit and sync module?
Dammed thing is awful :(
As Russel said, sync plays all our music alphabetically. I've emailed Ford again about this and will post there response here for you guys.

Hello Willy and thank you for your responce. Yes indeed Sync plays tracks alphabetically, but it's not really Ford's fault since Sync is developed and supported by Microsoft.

What's also the question is why then there's a sorting option (*/A-H) which does sort tracs but sync still plays them alphabetically... can't tell you how frustrating it was to me :cry:

Stoney871

So you have tried numbering tracks in order?

I had this problem with my (self fitted) Ford USB MP3 interface and using my PC I made sure that the file names were numbered in order and also that the correct track order was also added, works fine now.

Worth trying before chucking your system.

Single click on the file and then edit the track number at the bottom of the window.

Right click the file to rename the track with the number prefix.

(sorry if eggs are being sucked here)

Anomaly

So you have tried numbering tracks in order?

lol, i've even tried ordering them with abc instead of 123!! but come on...

all my collection is ordered like this (see screenshot), i don't imagine how else one can keep a collection.

Single click on the file and then edit the track number at the bottom of the window.

Right click the file to rename the track with the number prefix.

thank you for trying to help, but it's not it.

it's a known SYNC problem which i believe can be solved with SYNC Firmware update, but there seems to be no way to update it if you're outside the US :unsure:

Willy
Yeah stoney I did eventually do that and it does work but as you can guess if you select play all it then played all the track 1s. All I want sync to do is play my music in folder and track order aaahh.
Stoney871
Numbered the folders as well?

Sent from my S5
Willy

Numbered the folders as well?

Sent from my S5

Erme no I never thought of that.

Just need to update a few hundred folders now ;)
Stoney871
Labour of love.
Only needs doing once ;)

Sent from my S5
Anomaly

my SYNC doesn't play "folder after folder" at all - it only plays one folder and then repeats playback from the first track; same with playlists.

but this is not the problem. the problem is that there is no possibility to play tracks in their numerical order.

Full Colour Version: Ford Sync Track Order From Usb
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.