Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Mondeo Tddi Strange Whooshing Noise When Clutch Depresed??
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
b19uks
Hi Guys,

I get this weird whooshing noise coming up when i depress the clutch in to change gear in any rev or gears. The voice is like somebody is blowing air through a tube or pipe. I only get it when i depress the clutch.

I am stuck figuring out what can it be since i recently had the dreaded dmf failure and had all the associated parts changed

[color=#000000][font='Times New Roman'][size=1]
[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]DUAL MASS FLYWHEEL [/font][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font='Times New Roman'][size=1]
[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]CLUTCH PRESSURE PLATE [/font][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font='Times New Roman'][size=1]
[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]CLUTCH DRIVEN PLATE [/font][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font='Times New Roman'][size=1]
[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]STARTER MOTOR [/font][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font='Times New Roman'][size=1]
[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]HYDRAULIC CONENTRIC CLUTCH SLAVE CYLINDER RELEASE BEARING [/font][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font='Times New Roman'][size=1]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4] CSC RUBBER DUST COVER[/size][/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000]
All of the above was changed less then 3000 miles ago. Could it be that it could be one of the above that has failed?[/color]
[color=#000000]
Symptoms are different then the ones i had when dmf failed. Like the starter motor iron filings issue, Clutch getting stuck in etc. [/color]
[color=#000000]
What do you guys think it is? [/color]
[color=#000000]
Car spec: 51 reg mondeo tddi 98k miles. [/color]
BigD
Possibly a split EGR/intercooler hose.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.