Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Scottish Motorbike Riders?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Chat
stef123
hi guys,

Just curious to know if there are any scottish motorbike riders on here who might be up for a meet in the better weather?
Struggling to get the bike out at the moment, I think I've had it out twice this winter lol

im in central scotland btw :)
stef
Sliveredge
Im not in Scotland but I passed my bike test End of Nov and been waiting to get out on my bike and start the real learning!
Got a VFR800 Fi tucked up nice and warm and VERY polished lol
stef123
Haha yeah the real learning does start when you get out there on your own. I can remember a few of my learning experiences well lol!

Good on you though mate and nice bike!
Brigante
I'd love a bike but the Missus won't allow it :(
stef123
[quote name='Brigante' timestamp='1358290016' post='227190']
I'd love a bike but the Missus won't allow it :(
[/quote]

Keep at her, convince her it's the best thing out there :lol: (which it is :lol: )

My other half loves going out on the bike, trying to convince her to get a license now lol
Brigante
Lol i do mate.

She just says they are too dangerous :(
stef123
[quote name='Brigante' timestamp='1358364743' post='227469']
Lol i do mate.

She just says they are too dangerous :(
[/quote]

Tell her crossing the road is dangerous too :lol:

Yes I do agree bikes are dangerous and always come off second best but I find as a biker I'm so much more aware of my surroundings and what's happening which also rubs off on me in the car when I keep checking blind spots and over my shoulder when making any change of direction. The things I now look at and look out for are probably not even looked at by car drivers!
I do think thought that a large percentage of bike accidents are the riders fault - dont get me wrong the biggest thrill with bikes for me is how fast you can accelerate and I say no more but there are some absolute idiots on the road.

Full Colour Version: Any Scottish Motorbike Riders?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.