Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stiff gear change
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
Dave..57
I bought a 98 Verona 1800 recently, two careful owners service history and only 56000 miles, It's In great condition so I'd like to keep on top of things If I can.
The only thing I can fault It on Is selecting second and reverse gear, when used for the first time second gear Is a bit stiff to engage but gets easier after a while, reverse Is a bit stiff to engage permanently.
It's not really a problem but I cant see It getting any better and you do need to wiggle the stick and sometimes use a bit of force.
Is this a clutch problem or does It sound like the linkage. I have a garage and manual and I've done a bit of mechanical stuff In the past, does this sound like something I could tackle myself or something more serious.
I was paid off recently so DIY would be my best option...........Thanks.
mintalkin
the gear selection will get better as the oil warms up, first thing would be to check the oil level and even think about a oil change. also check the linkage for any missalignment.
Dave..57
[quote name='mintalkin' post='14313' date='Mar 6 2009, 03:24 PM']the gear selection will get better as the oil warms up, first thing would be to check the oil level and even think about a oil change. also check the linkage for any missalignment.[/quote]

Thanks I'll change the oil and see If It helps.

Full Colour Version: Stiff gear change
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.