Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Bike Carrier?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Focus_IRE
Hello Everyone,

I am back on the site again after a long spell off of it LOL

What I am wondering is I am begining to do alot of cycling and I'm wondering which would be the best bike carrier to get fot my road bike. It weighs less than 10kgs and was wondering is it ok to get a low mounted carrier as the car has a spoiler or would it damage it?

NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Rear carriers are not recommend for cars with plastic spoilers, a tow bar or roof mount is the only safe option. [/font][/size][/color]
Focus_IRE
Cheers Dude, I've seen a few on rear mount but wanted to see what evryone thinks i was thinking that was aswell especially woth the cost of the bike :)
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Hi Stephen, this may be of interest, re. bike carrier. [/font][/size][/color]

[color=#0000FF][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Luckily I can use a rear carrier on the 2009 estate as Ford didn't fit a plastic spoiler, one of the main reasons I went for the estate. [/font][/size][/color]

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12856485&p=17644694

Full Colour Version: Which Bike Carrier?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615