Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Thefts In Aberdeen
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
k13r4n
bit of news here a local gang are targeting cars in Aberdeen http://m.local.stv.tv/aberdeen/news/28587-warning-to-audi-car-owners/ all Audi cars an rs4 was stolen and torched up the hill from mine
Stoney871
Do you need some more matches? or do you have some left? ;) JK
k13r4n
ha ha funny need a few more as from the windscreen forward wasnt touched the funny thing is before they lit it they stopped in past bp for petrol to light it
Stoney871
They'd have been better to go to ASDA, the fuels cheaper. ;)
Brigante
It was me ;)
Stoney871
[quote name='Brigante' timestamp='1357690346' post='225304']
It was me ;)
[/quote]

Can I take that as an admission of guilt sir?
Please speak clearly for the tape. :D
Brigante
No comment :)
k13r4n
ok guys a wee update http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/car-theft-victim-hits-out-1525135
Brigante
Bloody facebook
k13r4n
my point is the police are more interested in her comments on fb than doing their job I'm honestly ashamed to be from Aberdeen and to be honest Grampian police are a joke
STEADS
Its easier to catch the victim got less rights as well and easier to convicted
k13r4n
ok guys a wee update heard at work that 2 were arrested in connection one being 12 years of age apparently
artscot79
No offence but look at the cars in the drive flashing the cash like thats bound to draw there attention and having a dog flaps a bloody stupid idea anyway if you have keys to 70k worth of motors inside cant say i have that much sympathy if im honest its a fact there are thieves that will never change the more you flash the more likely youll be the target so openly inviting them isnt a great idea
cuke
Hi, from what I have read the keys of these expensive high performance cars were easily obtained, even by walking into unlocked houses and taking them whilst the occupants were still in :rolleyes: . Now I am sorry but if I have something expensive and attractable to thief's am I going to make it that easy, not in a million years. None of my keys are visible and cannot be accessed from the front door, my front door cannot be opened from the outside without a key, my windows aren't left open on the ground floor and no other outside door is left open or unlocked, regardless if I am in the house or not and I live in a low crime area. No wonder the people stealing these cars are feeling arrogant as owners are making it far too easy for them.
Preee
Does not matter if your car is worth 100 or 100,000 , you have the right to own what you like if you work for it without some scum bag kid breaking into your house and stealing it.

Blame the parent's , if the police catch them then the courts let them down , so it's always the owners that are let down.
k13r4n
I agree with all the points made here guys doors should be locked and keys made hard to obtain but I agree with pree here what are the parents doing knowing Aberdeen it's either drugs or drink
artscot79
I do agree pree but sadly thats not how the world is and it never will be any thief would find it a tempting offer all those cars and easy access to a house i still believe they should have made it difficult for a thief not easy
martyntdci
tbh if a theif wants someting, wont stop until they get it. if i owned a car like that, yes the keys would be next to a entry/exit place just so you wouldnt get disturbed (hopefully) you just never know what they will do...... at the end of the day you and your family are at risk...... where my mum lives a couple around the corner got there car stolen, and they took it over a safety ballard thing what you lift up and lock.....
Preee
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1358021652' post='226131']
I do agree pree but sadly thats not how the world is and it never will be any thief would find it a tempting offer all those cars and easy access to a house i still believe they should have made it difficult for a thief not easy
[/quote]

Agreed , spare Keys or any key should be hidden out of site . , Windows and doors should be locked , and a "Dog" flap , well thats just plain asking for trouble.
Stoney871
My keys go into a locked key case and I have zoned alarms and cameras inside and outside.

If they get past that then they have a very well trained Police dog to get past too, very brave if they take her on.
I guarantee she'll guard me and the wife and they'd have to kill her to stop her doing her job.
k13r4n
lucky for some eh ^
martyntdci
we live in a not so bad area, must admit alarm. camera front and back and 2 huskies lmao
MartynS
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1358030117' post='226200']
My keys go into a locked key case...
[/quote]
If the key case is locked with another key, that's just amusing! :D
k13r4n
never ending key in a box
Stoney871
[quote name='MartynS' timestamp='1358036831' post='226242']
If the key case is locked with another key, that's just amusing! :D
[/quote]

Combination lock :P
artscot79
Ive just got 3 kids thats enough to scare anyone away
k13r4n
nae these guys a moped was stolen from the other side of Aberdeen and was seen driving around torry the area I live in and the woman's husband rammed them and they crashed into s green barrier one is 12 years old and was injured during the crash and personally he is lucky as there seems to be a lynch mob appearing all over the fb pages etc
DanGersFord
I just send the missus if I hear a bump in the night. She even scares the ghosts without her makeup on haha
artscot79
Dangersford dont let her see that or a bump in the nights the last thing youll remember lol
DanGersFord
Haha 0=] I can just imagine the autopsy report "cause of death 'scared to death by girlfriend' " pmsl
artscot79
Love to see that on c.s.i
Stoney871
More likely forceful insertion of hair straighteners into an orifice.
DanGersFord
Most likely yeah lol. Shes no in a good mood this mornin, neither am I actually cus ive been phoned out to a job at 4am :( being on standby is crap.

Full Colour Version: Car Thefts In Aberdeen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615