Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drivers Heated Seat Intermittent
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
sjwred
As per title I'm having an issue with the heated seat,the light comes on but nobody is home,the passenger side works fine,the drivers only a few times,I've tried adjusting the seat to see if a trapped wire,looked at the switch which seems fine,any ideas ?
martyntdci
check to see if you have power going to the seat?
martyntdci
If you have a decent Multimeter handy you can at least trouble shoot your seat heaters for proper operation.

First find the Connector to the heater coil. I am guessing under the seat. Disconnect it.

On the supply side with the seat heater turned on check for 12 volts DC (Simple enough)

Now, on the Coil side switch the Multimeter to Resistance Mode (Ohms) and look for a coil resistance somewhere in between 3 to 30 Ohms.

Just thought I would throw some input into this.
sjwred
[quote name='martyntdci' timestamp='1358034729' post='226226']
If you have a decent Multimeter handy you can at least trouble shoot your seat heaters for proper operation.

First find the Connector to the heater coil. I am guessing under the seat. Disconnect it.

On the supply side with the seat heater turned on check for 12 volts DC (Simple enough)

Now, on the Coil side switch the Multimeter to Resistance Mode (Ohms) and look for a coil resistance somewhere in between 3 to 30 Ohms.

Just thought I would throw some input into this.
[/quote]
Cheers for that,I'll look for the connection point and get a muti meter.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615