Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Does Everybody Do As Job?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Chat
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
DanGersFord
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1358290507' post='227196']
I'm not that flush. ;)
One of my brothers in law is a gas safe registered heating engineer and plumber so he's doing trade price but it still isn't a cheap job, glad I'm not paying full whack.
[/quote]

Ive never met a policeman whos short of a bob or two ;) lol I remember I was working in a cheif inspectors house when I was an apprentice and the place was like a flippin mansion!
DanGersFord
And stoney, get the to insulate your radiator/water pipes underneath the floor because if they dont and you get a burst pipe for example and your ceiling caves in, your home insurance wont pay out. Plus it all increases the effiency even if only a little bit but every little helps with the price of gas these days
Stoney871
An Inspector earns about twice what i do, I'm just a lowly PC.
The job will be done properly, my missus has nominated herself as project manager and won't stand for a half job.
DanGersFord
I was only saying because alot of installers dont fit the insulation amd a lot of people dont realise that their insurance wouldnt pay out foe that kind of situation until its too late :)
Stoney871
I'll make sure that the project manager is duly advised, thanks for the pointers.
DanGersFord
No problem :)
Mondeo CLX
I am working for the Fricke group in Germany for the logistic
k13r4n
I work for a sign company called lofthus signs currently I am working between sign manufacture and vinyl hopefully progressing onto vehicle application and wrapping and I have also worked a router machine called an axyz 4008 and also spent a year in installation and also as an engraver
b1g_dav3
I work for a breakers as my job, but I also go around schools with my Serval and do talks on conservation and such. I'm also a full time University student :P
k13r4n
[quote name='b1g_dav3' timestamp='1358370175' post='227533']
I work for a breakers as my job, but I also go around schools with my Serval and do talks on conservation and such. I'm also a full time University student :P
[/quote]

you better watch as people might start asking you for parts ;-)
stef123
[quote name='DanGersFord' timestamp='1358291378' post='227205']
And stoney, get the to insulate your radiator/water pipes underneath the floor because if they dont and you get a burst pipe for example and your ceiling caves in, your home insurance wont pay out. Plus it all increases the effiency even if only a little bit but every little helps with the price of gas these days
[/quote]

To conform with the regs, any pipe work outside the heated area must be insulated anyway
DanGersFord
[quote name='stef123' timestamp='1358511800' post='227945']

To conform with the regs, any pipe work outside the heated area must be insulated anyway
[/quote]

Not alot of installers bother too much with Part L regs except for fitting TRVs/ A rated boiler. And ive only came across a few who insulate pipes under the floor. Your best bet is to use pipes that are already insulated
stef123
[quote name='DanGersFord' timestamp='1358514890' post='227959']
[b]Not alot of installers bother too much with Part L regs[/b] except for fitting TRVs/ A rated boiler. And ive only came across a few who insulate pipes under the floor. Your best bet is to use pipes that are already insulated
[/quote]

typical cutting corners to make more money then and not really getting the installation your paying for? the slightest thing we do that doesnt conform with the regs gets picked up and made a fuss off - im marine electrical though
DanGersFord
[quote name='stef123' timestamp='1358515853' post='227971']

typical cutting corners to make more money then and not really getting the installation your paying for? the slightest thing we do that doesnt conform with the regs gets picked up and made a fuss off - im marine electrical though
[/quote]

Its the same for us my company mainly does the council contracts and absolutely every reading/pressure you've noted down etc gets scrutinized. They can pull out any piece of documentation I fill out and go and inspect the job to make sure everything is 100% right etc. Keeps you on your toes lol
b1g_dav3
With my job, I get free toast.
martyntdci
lmao i'd do owt for toast..... dont even get a bonus or nowt at xmas....... not even a happy xmas or get off early n il pay you for rest of the day.......
DanGersFord
Try working Xmas day boxing day and new years eve. Lol theres always someone working 365 days a year at my company. I was on standby on Sunday and was out working from 8am-11:45pm without a break then got rudely awakened by the phone going at 4am Monday morning to go out to another job-water pouring through a downstairs flats ceiling cause of the idiot upstairs. That kept me busy till 5:30 am then I was back out for work at half 7 lol
jeebowhite
Our place works 363 days a year, closed only for christmas day and new years day. Last few years I have worked pretty much every day of the christmas period barr these two!
JamesFRD
I work in retail, the only time we close is christmas day and even then they take that as our day off, so we lose out on pay for a day we cant work anyway lol ive done a few long shifts as well for the over time, think my longest was 7am til 10pm. I was dead on my feet by the end of it.
k13r4n
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1358583365' post='228296']
Our place works 363 days a year, closed only for christmas day and new years day. Last few years I have worked pretty much every day of the christmas period barr these two!
[/quote]

what about the quarter day you open then
jeebowhite
Quarter Day? now you lost me!
RickG
I'm a Remote Services Engineer...basically...We control HVAC and lighting remotely and also diagnose any problems that may happen so that an engineer does not have to attend site. We control most of the met police buildings and also merseyside. Can be an interesting job :)
DanGersFord
[quote name='RickG' timestamp='1358717628' post='228797']
I'm a Remote Services Engineer...basically...We control HVAC and lighting remotely and also diagnose any problems that may happen so that an engineer does not have to attend site. We control most of the met police buildings and also merseyside. Can be an interesting job :)
[/quote]

Id sit there flicking the police stations lights on and off just to wind them up haha (jokes)
stef123
[quote name='DanGersFord' timestamp='1358717749' post='228802']
Id sit there flicking the police stations lights on and off just to wind them up haha (jokes)
[/quote]

lmao, i can just imagine that. that would crack me up
Stoney871
So it's you that keeps buggering around with the aircon settings at New Scotland Yard then?
Good!
Might convince the lazy beggars to do their jobs. ;)
DanGersFord
[quote name='stef123' timestamp='1358717911' post='228805']
lmao, i can just imagine that. that would crack me up
[/quote]
It would be a laugh haha i used to get my little brother at night when we were younger, i used to steal his remote and stand outside his window (his bedroom was downstairs) and turn his telly on and off at night haha he used to crap himself and go running to my mum n dad haha
stef123
[quote name='DanGersFord' timestamp='1358718217' post='228810']
It would be a laugh haha i used to get my little brother at night when we were younger, i used to steal his remote and stand outside his window (his bedroom was downstairs) and turn his telly on and off at night haha he used to crap himself and go running to my mum n dad haha
[/quote]

haha cruel begger :lol:
DanGersFord
[quote name='stef123' timestamp='1358718286' post='228812']
haha cruel begger :lol:
[/quote]

I used to do loads of stuff when we were younger it was a right laugh haha
RickG
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1358717947' post='228806']
So it's you that keeps buggering around with the aircon settings at New Scotland Yard then?
Good!
Might convince the lazy beggars to do their jobs. ;)
[/quote]

LOL, well recently we have been given the Empress State Building to control :)

Also, we have to be cleared by the police as well, and its a massive bloody form to fill in wanting to know everything!
jeebowhite
Lol, what else can be said here 8-) loving the trick ;-)
stef123
[quote name='DanGersFord' timestamp='1358717749' post='228802']
[/quote]

I'm trying to find the video where some students turned a hotel or something into a game of snake using the lights, i cant imagine this going down well at the local police station right enough lmao

found it..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOnrJMbAZIA
DanGersFord
Flipping brilliant haha that must have taken some thinking out to plan out
stef123
[quote name='DanGersFord' timestamp='1358804088' post='229121']
Flipping brilliant haha that must have taken some thinking out to plan out
[/quote]

yeah its awesome, first seen it on rude tube a few years ago
DanGersFord
Theres some cracking videos on that
jeebowhite
that is very well coordinated... I darent think how much practice, and how special they looked practicing it :P
PubeHeed
I'm a Road Maintenance Technician with Midlothian Council :)
jeebowhite
Interesting choice of display name Jamie ;) - unless where your from it means something different to what it means from where I am from :P

So what does your job entail then? (obvious question it may seem!)
stef123
[quote name='PubeHeed' timestamp='1358945688' post='229537']
I'm a Road Maintenance Technician with Midlothian Council :)
[/quote]

So can we send our complaints to you then haha.
JamesMalin
I'm a Technical Engineer for Royal Mail.

Basically what i do is fix and maintain all the machines that sort the mail.
paddyc1988
Pharmacist... and I hate it
DanGersFord
[quote name='paddyc1988' timestamp='1360606209' post='235073']
Pharmacist... and I hate it
[/quote]

No wonder having to give out all the methodone to druggies lol
Vann1992
CNC lathe cleaner....someone has to do it. :)
danfocuszetec
landscape gardening (when its not raining but still get paided for when it is and im sat at home lol)
Stoney871
Lucky devil.
I must be the hardest working dog handler in the south west, all weathers and at all times. :D
Just finished 9th night shift in a row.
jeebowhite
:blink: ouch, that's harsh Clive!
fastmedic
I'm an consultant anaesthetist working for a private company.

Trying to keep patients asleep and hopefully read the paper at the same time!
Stoney871
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1361954451' post='239275']
:blink: ouch, that's harsh Clive!
[/quote]
Government cutbacks mate.
Someone's got to keep Janner land safe. ;)
vince_13
im due to start my new job as a automation service/design engineer
vinylpusher
Total Loss negotiator - Tesco Bank Car Insurance

I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH PREMIUMS OR POLICIES BEFORE I GET SHOT DOWN :(
The1nonly1
Work at Phones 4u head office

Full Colour Version: What Does Everybody Do As Job?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.