Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 2010 Zetec S
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Gavc
Hi everyone been a member a couple of weeks so thought I'd show you my car.

It's a 2010 focus Zetec S, 1.6 which when I bought it from my friendly ford dealer in june this year already had a few modifications.

They were:
- Full longlife stainless exhaust system with twin/twin tailpipes
- DRL's
- blue leds in kick plates

Came with sat nav, USB, multi disk changer etc.

I've done a few mods so far when time and money have allowed:
- 18" Rs style alloys
- k and n panel filter
- led interior lighting
- led sidelights and number plate lights
- s badge to steering wheel
- clear rear fog light lense
- Cree q5 fog and reverse lights

I've just got this weekend an St upper front grille and carbon and silver gel overlays, will be fitting soon.
Future mods include:
- Eibach lowering springs
- Rear tints
- Second reverse light
- Footwell lights
- Leds and second light in boot
- Colour coded lip and fog surrounds

And probably lots more. :)

Thanks to everyone for making me feel very welcome here especially Lenny and Tdciist, any comments and advice always very welcome! ;)
martyntdci
nice focus there mate, this is why i admire the zetec s, due to the body kit and rear diffuser..... but a titanium prob has more features though
Gavc
Thanks martyn :)
TDCiST
Awww.. Thanks for the special mention!!

I love the alloys and the plans you have for the car!
Gavc
Lol no probs mate thanks for the advice....so far!!

Yeah me too can't wait to get cracking on it.
martyntdci
just came back to this lol, it does look really sweet.......... loving the blue focus kick plates mayb a mod for mine.....
Gavc
Yeah it's a great mod martyn and on all four doors too and it was already done when I bought it so I can't get any credit for that one ;) but I'm sure there's some one here (maybe pree?) who could advise on it.
martyntdci
ive seen the 1's on the bay where you fit them to the underside of the door card and they project the ford emblem onto the floor..... that looks quite cool
Gavc
Never seen that mate do you have a link?
martyntdci
gladly

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-LED-Car-laser-projector-Shadow-lamp-lights-door-step-For-Ford-/310416751168?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item484647ba40
Gavc
Cheers mate ;)
Lenny
Looks excellent mate,
Look foward to this thread as time goes on.
And the RS wheels really make the Zs stand out from the rest, but subtle and not OTT its really good.
Haz93
Looks very nice mate :)
Liking the RS style wheels, I didn't think they would look that smart but got to say I like

Was at a ford dealers today and noticed a Zetec S with the DRL's fitted, they seem to be becoming more popular.

The footwell lights were very simple mate, and worth it too.

Welcome and I'm sure you'll end up adding more mods to your list once you see what everyone else has :) not good for the bank account though :P
Brigante
Like the lads have already said, you got a nice car there mate.

Was gonna suggest a few mods you could do but you seem to already have them all covered in your to do list lol
Gavc
Thanks Lenny, haz93 and brigante for your great comments, :) looking forward to keeping you all up to date on all the mods and picking your brains from time to time on what to do etc. I'm very keen on keeping it subtle and not looking like a boy racer, bit old for all that now!! Lol

And haz93 I'm getting the overtime in at work, well worth it when you've got something you really want to spend the cash on! ;)
Aldoo
really nice mate! Zetec S has to be my favorite focus, sporty and practical
liking the mods, subtle but add up to make it stand out! :)
Gavc
Thanks aldoo, appreciate that, :) totally agree its a great model.
Rh1no
Great motor mate, I've done a few bits to my silver Focus Zetec S...have a gander!

Quite interested in the DRL's, they look rather nice :)
Gavc
Cheers mate, :) will have a look
FordFocusman
Hi mate
i wanna know what is the color code of your rear bumper extension please
PaulB8869
Beautiful Zetec S there mate. Massive fan of them and I love mine. Some nice mods too, I got the S badge on my steering wheel and exhausts but looking at loads more yet. Keep up the good work though looks really well
Mondeo CLX
very nice. i like it that the english men loves Ford so much. In germany all the imbeciles drive Volkswagen.
TDCiST
[quote name='Mondeo CLX' timestamp='1358363052' post='227449']
very nice. i like it that the english men loves Ford so much. In germany all the imbeciles drive Volkswagen.
[/quote]

Surprising for a nation that builds them!!

The last Focus RS consisted of 9000, 4500 came to the UK, 4500 were scattered around the rest of the world!! Says it all about our love of fast fords clearly!
Mondeo CLX
of course it´s not surprising . but i hate Volkswagen rubbish.
martyntdci
arent vw's ment be best built to last cars? same as audi n skoda's?? my bro has a 1982 polo, started life as a 1ltr, but for the past 4-5 yrs has had a golf 1.6 engine fitted...... and has had a full restoration, but he keeps it in our garage, why i dont know lol....
Mondeo CLX
Volkswagen is rubbish. Doppelkupplungsgetriebe is always breaking an the engines too. And Volkswagen is expenisve
Gavc
[quote name='PaulB8869' timestamp='1358362407' post='227444']
Beautiful Zetec S there mate. Massive fan of them and I love mine. Some nice mods too, I got the S badge on my steering wheel and exhausts but looking at loads more yet. Keep up the good work though looks really well
[/quote]
Gavc
Thanks Paul appreciate your comments, they are lovely cars mate.

Still got lots I want to do like most, should be fitting some eibach's in the next 3-4 weeks along with a few other bits and pieces, should improve the look a bit more. ;)

When I can get to a pc ill have a looky at your motor.
Gavc
Thanks mondeo CLX :)

Enough said tdcist!! ;)
TDCiST
[quote name='Gavc' timestamp='1358366918' post='227493']
Enough said tdcist!! ;)
[/quote]

Indeed!! We go fast ford mad!!
Gavc
Hi fordfocusman, sorry don't know what the colour code is I'm afraid, if one of the other guys on here doesn't know a trip to your local ford dealer might be an idea.
FordFocusman
Thanks for your answer.
I called ford and he told me that he couldn't know coz it arrives already like that ...
So i need to know at least what is the exact colour, it is a dark grey right ?!
Lenny
[quote name='FordFocusman' timestamp='1358413056' post='227645']
Thanks for your answer.
I called ford and he told me that he couldn't know coz it arrives already like that ...
So i need to know at least what is the exact colour, it is a dark grey right ?!
[/quote]
The whole extension arrives in primer grey,
I went to halfords and picked up a can of paint to match my car,
Then searched the range for a good contrasting colour to paint the diffuser section,
I purchased two cans of peugeot Graphite Gray.

Here is a link to an image of whats in the box, aswell as a PDF of the ford fitting instructions that are supplied.
http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/32649-focus-zetec-s-rear-skirt-diffuser-fitting-guide-pdf/page__p__180673__hl__front%20lip%20__fromsearch__1#entry180673
FordFocusman
Peugeot graphite gray alright !

Thank you very much for giving opinions and help people, at least somebody who know what a forum is all about.
Lenny
[quote name='FordFocusman' timestamp='1358414883' post='227655']
Peugeot graphite gray alright !

Thank you very much for giving opinions and help people, at least somebody who know what a forum is all about.
[/quote]

Yes i know lol peugeot on a ford,
But what im trying to say is;
Go to your local halfords, and pick up your car colour,
Then find a match that suits your taste.

If your fitting the front splitter, i have a pdf of that too.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/32648-focus-zetec-s-front-skirt-lip-fitting-guide-pdf/page__p__180438__hl__front%20lip%20__fromsearch__1#entry180438
FordFocusman
1.6 tdci and 2.0 tdci are from peugeot ...
I saw a ford focus mk1 magnum gray it is almost the same gray, here is a picture :
Lenny
[quote name='FordFocusman' timestamp='1358418683' post='227664']
1.6 tdci and 2.0 tdci are from peugeot ...
I saw a ford focus mk1 magnum gray it is almost the same gray, here is a picture :
[/quote]
Thats why i should have bought a 1.8TDCi instead of a 1.6HDi or 1.6TDCi lol citroen and peugeot engine cover even fits the ford engine bay.

Now in a bid to keep this thread on topic, i have had a previous thread regarding the rear diffuser and the colour,
So we can continue the discussion their. Here is a link
http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/32305-focus-zetec-s-rear-skirt-colour-of-centre-section/

Ill try merge the posts from here to there, hopfully Gav wont kill us for hijacking his build thread.
Gavc
Lol no probs Lenny, it's all about helping each other out, knew someone would have the answers for fordfocusman!! ;)
Mondeo CLX
i`m looking for a Duplex system for my Focus MK1 1,6. but in Germany it´s very difficult to find something.
Lenny
[quote name='Mondeo CLX' timestamp='1358424646' post='227673']
i`m looking for a Duplex system for my Focus MK1 1,6. but in Germany it´s very difficult to find something.
[/quote]
Check out european-parts.com they stock bastuck stainless duplex systems and they are based in Germany.
Or
Try piper performance exhaust in essex england. Thats where i got my 2.5" dpf back duplex system.
Mondeo CLX
What page is european-parts.com ? I can´t find spareparts there. On piper performance exhaustis no Dupley system.
FordFocusman
alright lenny no problem.

Gavc you know someone who know the color code of the rear bumper extension like yours ?

Thanks
TDCiST
could you not give a dealer a shout?? they should be able to tell you
FordFocusman
well i'll try it if i don't have this freaking colour code ..
But you know even with a shout there is so many grey which look like lenny's one, look just above i found a focus St mk1 in magnum gray and it looks like graphite gray ...

What is interesting on the magnum one, ford should have the color code coz it is a focus on this one.
But i just checked the magnum grey nowadays and it ain't this gray anymore ...

It is like this fiesta for example:
Gavc
[quote name='FordFocusman' timestamp='1358439345' post='227728']
alright lenny no problem.

Gavc you know someone who know the color code of the rear bumper extension like yours ?

Thanks
[/quote]
Gavc
Hi mate, sorry don't know anyone else I'm afraid but I've got to pop in to my local ford parts centre tomorrow so will pick there brains there to see if I can find out for you mate. :)
FordFocusman
if you can it would be awesome mate
thank you very much
TDCiST
Magnum grey has been a dark grey for a while now, my old mk1.5 focus was magnum grey...
Gavc
[quote name='FordFocusman' timestamp='1358451768' post='227785']
if you can it would be awesome mate
thank you very much
[/quote]
Gavc
No probs mate :)

Full Colour Version: My 2010 Zetec S
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.